Thursday, April 29, 2010

Queen of No Marriage

I'm utterly hooked on this show, currently showing on Channel U at 10pm. Watched it by chance as I've always disliked the weepy, love-drama of taiwanese teenagers (or moneyed step-relatives) which was always the norm. But this show packs good scripting ala Korean hits, really good acting, and side-splitting humor from all cast. Basically, I love this show! I can't stop watching it and, horror! I actually wanna buy the dvd boxset to watch!
The premise of the show is a younger man falling in love with an older woman, throwing in some drama of the younger man's lost love - ex-girlfriend was drowned; and the reason why the pretty and chic older woman did not marry her 'senior'.
And on the topic of younger man, most women will feel apprehensive when a younger man likes them, me included. I'm sure most of us would prefer him to be older. But younger men can be quite sweet and charming in their ways... maybe we should be more 'open'. Not surprisingly, most of the younger men I'm friends with (2 years or so younger) have no qualms about being with an older women +3 years older. Wah! But in the show, you can see why the guy (hot actor Ethan Ruan now seen in 'Monga') loves the lady and vice versa. I have a bit of crush on the lady, Cheryl... her hair is lovely, can't peel my eyes off her face as well...
I think the best part of relationships are the first moments - the first time you went out on a date, obsessing about what to wear - likely, a dress, but what sort of dress? Not too formal lest he brings you to a warm place... nor too casual...?
I love the way the whole atmosphere of first dates seems so fraught with intrigue and intimacy. (Probably why long-time friends don't stand much chance of being lovers.) Being in a relationship for close to a year now, we still remember the sweet first moments, our first (clandestine) meetings where I sneak off to meet him whilst dining with my pals after service... not wanting to tell them who I was meeting for fear the news spread around, that we were 'an item' - it sort of spoils things... And yet, eagerly anticipating his arrival so much that I always lost track of my mind... Hee hee. We had great first moments - went to a megachurch...He was seated next to two gay-looking guys (wearing matchy matchy outfits of white tight shorts and shirts, so I can't help but stereotype) so he had to sit nearer me. We went to see puppies at a dog farm... cuties... we went to a place where you can park yachts (Those in the know should keep it a secret place to prevent overcrowding), and 'trespassed' to a platform where the boats were parked and sat under the stars, relaxing and chatting quietly on the wooden platform. The fishermen around us were oblivious to us and didn't mind our presence. It is those times that I remember fondly...not too long ago.


I love... she makes me inspired to have nice wavy hair which I shall make sure I have, before I go out!