Sunday, May 09, 2010

R.I.P. Mushroom, I miss you


















Discovered my bunny, Mushroom, had passed in the wee hours of 8 May (Saturday) when I was preparing for a roadtrip to Melaka.

Although he suffered from a chronic flu, it was so sudden and unexpected for him to suddenly go. I couldn't believe it and kept telling him to 'wake up' as sometimes he sleeps in such awkward positions that looks dead.

I cried all the way to the Melakan border. It's those deep kind of wracking cry which comes with a heartache after. Somehow, subconciously perhaps, I knew something was going to happen. In the last few days, I had developed insomnia - something which I hadn't for ages and also became a bit depressed, seemingly for no reason. In my insomniac night state I would go frequently to check on Mushroom and pat him. Perhaps that gave him comfort in his last days. Also, during the last few days, I spent more time with him, taking photos on my BB. The first one is one of those which he posed for me. I even told him I love him. Maybe subconsciously I knew he wouldn't be around for much longer.

It was always my wish and desire to keep a Holland Lop Rabbit for a pet, and Mushroom more than exceeded my expectations. I'm very sad to see him go.

A tribute to Mushroom

Mushroom was a most curious and cheerful rabbit, my most beloved and adored pet. He had lop ears which he likes to keep flat back, one of his ears always popped out when he heard me calling his name. He always thinks he's hungry and his favorite fresh foods were xiao bai cai, baby carrots, cherry tomatoes and grapes. I will never have another rabbit like him; the way he meant so much to me.

My furry little friend's hobby is digging. He doesn't chew up stuff nor eat his night shit (form of nutrition), like most other bunnies.

He was a rabbit that had a spot in the bottom of my heart, which ached badly when he passed. Life with him was too short and the memories were all happy. He was never temperamental or angry, and loved to hear me sing goodnight. Although he had a chronic flu which ensured he stayed svelte and cute-sized like a round ball, he never let it get him down. He was always active and also has many expressions which he only showed to me: wise, suspicious, exuberant, hesitant...he is also quite vain and can sit still for hours, letting me groom and powder bath him, which is quite unusual for a rabbit.

I think he is quite intelligent and understands English although he cannot say a word.

I miss him dearly. No pet can replace his permanent place in my heart.

He was laid to rest with my favorite scarf - so that he will be warm, no more flu - and his favorite snack, buckwheat.