Friday, June 11, 2010

chosen words

It's nice to just spend a day (or a few hours) doing obscure things like looking for pretty postcards to send. For my hobby, an international network of people obsessed with postcards. I got one today, Eiffel Tower! And plenty more

There's a dire lack of nice/inexpensive postcards here. I'm going to ask my friend, Uncle B, in Melaka museum to sell me all the old postcards I'm sure they have in a pile somewhere. If you have been to the famous Jonker Street shop that sells very yummy Asam Laksa and cendol, the old school decor is done up by him and another person. They will be selling some old things from the museums soon, it's called 'deaccessioning'. Incidentally all those years ago I taught Uncle B how to blog one lazy hot afternoon, and he started a blog called melakatoday.blogspot.com. (quite political but for an Uncle he sure writes passionately and well!)

Let's end the stressful week with these lovely phrases. I hope to pen something like this, one day. They make lovely postcards too.

http://thechosenwords.tumblr.com