Thursday, June 10, 2010

Seen

Poem I wrote in my journal a couple of days ago. Been melancholy these days. Haven't written poems for a few years now, save the last one.

It's been said
That through Life's tough moments
A silver lining brings relevance
What goes up must come down
But nothing that has seized us
Is uncommon to our lives.

Yes, I learn,
Through sufferings:
How to bear another's pain
How to be gracious
In dire straits where help seems futile
How to live and let go and
not tremble in fear.

Death, desolation, poverty, loss
There's a silver lining in every cloud
As long as we learn to cherish
The simple pleasures in life.
Being able to afford time, sipping on a teh tarik -
Is that a true luxury?
I think it is.

And after all,
When we are nearing the end,
I hope I have enough goodness in my character
Not to err
Nor to cause suffering, but only to
Further the triune causes of
Hope, love and faith
My wish for a truthful journey
Along the thorny path of Life.