Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Gold Harikin Slim by Superheadz















Leave it to the Japanese to make beautiful toy cameras that take wonderful pictures.
Somehow the retro era of Lomography and lomo-like photos are in fashion now, and one of the best things is that they are not so pricey and you can find them easily. I got mine at the Cat Socrates store (link is on my right column's bookmarks.) I'm still thinking about getting a Lomo as it is more than double the prices of these cute ones.
I chose the gold one, the most flashy of the lot. Hot pink was nice too but I think... gold!
Actually some of my subjects (alley cats) are attracted to the glinting gold, and come up close. Haha.
I wanted to take photos under the scorching Melakan sun. Unfortunately it was cloudy and rainy most of the time owing to the current unpredictable weather. I've taken a roll of film which I will send for processing later. Hope some of them turn out fine! I've not used a film camera for more than 10 years now, so reloading and 'winding' the film each time you take a photo is quite nolstalgic. This 'technology' has been around for many years and I hope that we will not be too modernized to forget it altogether.
One thing good about my job is that you get to observe many interesting people. All of them have the same goal in mind. To change jobs. Some are just shopping around, some are seriously wanting to change.
And in the financial industry, it takes all kinds. One guy brightened up my day by constantly keeping me updated on his progress in the job selection cheerfully. After my job is done, it is seriously up to these individuals how they present themselves and negotiate, and perform to the hiring people and the resource people.
Many times, resourcing people will not even give some a chance to meet them based on how they write their CV. It's true. This guy, he was so humble that he failed to mention his glowing achievements on his CV. I later realised he was a christian, that could be the reason why. But he was one of the star performers in his batch, performing above average and top of his batch in many areas of sales products. It's really very shocking to me how he fail to mention such glowing achievements when others in the financial industry list down numerous pointers of 'key achievements' to stand out.
So I asked him to rewrite the CV and send it back. But his laptop had failed and he was going to buy one at the then-PC show. So I just wrote it for him instead and sent it in. He was very grateful although to me this is what I usually do in my job.
After 2 rounds of interviews, he was granted a job, and a good one too. The salary was offered at 20% increase which I know is the highest they can offer. Usually most candidates get 15%.
And the job enables him to move up into a department which in his current company takes at least 2 years to reach! It really made my day working with such nice individuals because in a highly stressed environment many tend to take the people we work with and work for, for granted. It could be because we are being chased incessantly, and sometimes the demands are too steep. I'm glad I could help someone be a marketplace leader in the near future and I hope he always keeps his faith working in this dog-eat-dog financial market.