Sunday, August 08, 2010

Picking up where it leaves off

A ghost from the past contacted me this week.

I guess I have been waiting for this to happen sooner or later. I mean, I felt like it would happen someday, there was a silent wish in my heart for us to be on good terms again.

After all, he was my best friend and we used to waste all our available PH... spending time with each other. Somehow, in the last months, I thought that I had found a 'replacement'. But the replacement could not 'make it'.

You know those kind of friends, they are the special ones. Those who actually bother to ask you how you are doing in the various aspects of your life. Those who you REALLY look forward to meeting and will save up little funny tidbits of your life to share with them. Those with whom you can take long midnight walk and chats and no alarm bells will sound for 'trouble'. In a nutshell, you can be transparent and share heart-to-heart.

Those kind of friendship that I always hope it will last a lifetime. But being realistic, also know deep down that it's kind of difficult.

I was happy he contacted me and remembering those cherished moments, glad that he remembered me too. It's too much to hope for a good outcome, but this little moment lets me know that I can have a bit of wishful thinking come true once in a while.