Thursday, October 28, 2010

things that impact us

I've been meaning to go on a solo trip recently, but the daily 'important' things in life hinder us from just taking off. I was looking at the calendar today, and x weekend I signed up for a class, there are other female things to do like hair appointments, face appointments and the like... it seems that the only free time is 3 weeks later! XXX. I find it amazing how we like to fill up our little bitsy pieces of time by thinking of things we 'need' to do... and not things we 'want' to do. I forgot to make time to go to the gym even, or to take a day for myself to read a book at the beach, or even catch up with the old classmates and ex-colleagues i've been meaning to. It's been ages since I did any of those.

Daily, I see somebody going through a pretty rough patch in his life. I don't dare say I will be able to survive what he's been through. And some days are pretty rough I can imagine. Despite that, he shows enough consideration to not vent the frustrations on the people around him. And I can't say that for most people. Isn't it ironic that when we break into pieces we use the pieces to cut the people around us who mean the most to us? Why we we get hurt, we just become so selfish and make loved ones hurt too, or just make them look bad? I think it's that side of us that becomes vindictive. Oh, 'pity me, for I am hurt'... ... It's too easy for us to behave that way at times. If only all of us showed more consideration to make other's worlds a more beautiful place to live and work in. I'm actually impressed and touched that despite the rough patch, we can still make the work environment a lovely place to be in, and give each other strength to last yet another day in this monstrous world.