Sunday, November 14, 2010

scrapbooking continuously


Whee! Am inspired by the type of chipboard that is not... square. I have two square ones, anyone wants to take them off my hands?! I really can't be inspired in a square!

Here's (one of) my ongoing projects. For those who want to print mini photos in fours for a theme, it's done at Ang Mo Kio Central near the Koi bubble tea. The photos are instant and it's $2.50. I've been to almost ALL photo shops and this quality is decent. Plus I like the size. I now have lots of lace from the traditional craft shops, and some small papers in the floral vintage theme I heart.

This looks similar to the previous but it's actually much bigger and cheaper! I joined two papers which sort of matched and I like checks and florals together then stick the lace to hide the line.
Later, the sides need to be sandpapered off to clear the jagged cut edges. Can use normal nail file, the black side.

Then I stamped the hearts (which will not really be visible after the photos are being put on), made a tag, put gloss on the flowers. Hesitated a bit on the '6 month'. It's "2 year old", 2 year (not years) so it should be 6 month (not months)? It just seems right not to add the 's' although we are so used to saying it (months...years...DAYS!!!). Ah well.

This project is going to be something simpler with 3 photos (I decided on 3)and hopefully not so many things jutting out from the sides...It's about done actually! Just need to add some flowers and bubbles and ribbons, all the fun fun fun stuff that is so therapeutic to do!
And the end product... ... ...???

TO BE CONTINUED ON THE NEXT PUBLIC HOLIDAY, 2 days from now.
This hobby is turning out to be more expensive than I thought, but still cheaper than spending a day outside in sg! Anyone needs random material please feel free to take from me! Those who have birthdays coming up... no promises, but I will try to make something. Must make first for those whose birthdays have already passed. Jonathan is the next project. LOL!

So here was the initial design I made for 'first day'. The quote is a decal. In my opinion decals are expensive and a pain to affix. This one does suit the color and the theme though.


Close up of the bottom and top. I really like the pale yellow glitter ribbon. It does not look like much on the photo but it gives a special feel to the whole 'atmosphere'. The brown words were an after thought, we actually wrote those places we wanted to go during our first days... and we did go to most, if not all the places we wanted to enjoy. It's very meaningful for couples to keep a journal or scrapbook of sorts of silly thoughts and memories. Now that I'm scrapbooking, very regret never keep all the movie ticket stubs, souvenirs from eating places, etc etc... Very regret!


I really love it!