Friday, November 12, 2010

presentation

It's always interesting to me when people, as they usually do, like to discuss other people's relationship and sometimes quote their words out of context. Similar to Bible quoting people who often make the mistake of proclaiming a verse without noting the context, the intent, to whom it was written for, and written by who... ... this goes the same for people very quickly categorizing someone's ex-girlfriend as the 'unreasonable' type, for instance. The said man goes to ex-girlfriend's place and presents her with nice gifts to appease her recent frustration about him neglecting her needs of quantity time. Instead of being appeased, she is incensed and say ' Do you think your expensive branded gifts can buy me over? You can forget it!' Guy is puzzled, irate, frustrated. Well-meaning friends tell him to forget this bitch and move on, you can always find someone better.

All I gotta say is probably the APPROACH in which he presents his appeasement to the subject is already a recipe for disaster, nevermind who's right and who's wrong in this scenario.

If he said 'Come on la sweetheart, don't be angry with me anymore, see what I bought for you', any irritated-already lass would be even more irritated. 'See, I came all the way to your house downstairs and spend many hours buying this expensive branded gift for you'. The girl would be enraged, seriously.

The approach matters, in many situations. Wheedling or coaxing only works on small children or some adults with the mentality of kids - kidults. You know those act cute people. But only they are not act cute.... they are real cute! No, I'm not judging anybody. They are enjoyable to bring to places like kid's birthday parties or zoos. Like what I heard at the zoo last time: "See...! What is that animal? It's Alex!! See kids, Alex! Say hi to Alex!"

It only dawned on me a few seconds later that 'Alex' is the 'lion' in Madagascar and not even a real lion, its a cartoon. So now all lion's names are 'Alex', makes you wonder what kind of adult the kid will grow up into... ...

Talking about Alex, I miss him. I missmissmiss miss him. I just want to say that endlessly.

The man, not the lion.