Tuesday, December 07, 2010

scrapbook inspirations

I've amassed some internet photos of scrapbook art from all over - for those who need a dose of inspiration this season, here goes.

Also 3 sites I frequent:

holiday cards inspiration and useful tips
http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/

singapore teacher of scrapbooking lessons at art republic (novena, velocity)
http://geraldineang.blogspot.com/

what she calls 'shabby chic' designs
http://iralamija.blogspot.com/


Sorry no credit to the photos, was on google images. please let me know any copyright issue, thanks!

Liked this layout of using lace and pearls and pink but doesn't come off as too girly-pretty.


Inspiration for a travel album... hmm, lemme finish my on-going project first (to be completed THIS WEEK... stay tuned.)

I would treasure this box if someone gave it to me... with a keepsake inside?

Something with polka dots is always sweet. An idea if I ever decide to use my square chipboards.
I bought this kind of blank tag from made with love and they will feature in my next project! Reveal next week. Can't wait to complete and take photos.

A 'man' theme design without girly colors. Like the easy use of buttons and square papers, gives me an idea what to do with all the leftover scrap papers...
I think this is a candle and it inspired me to... go and buy two 'retro' peter and jane books (my house downstairs sells, still!) those vintage font and old oil colored vignettes should look good on a travel album.
Some nice chipboard heart, lock and key can be bought at 'made with love'. Have to color it on your own and can do so with markers, stamping or the glimmer sprays.

Good idea on the key at the top plus I like the way the 'keyhole' is decorated. I'm also liking the small heart with pearl button. Everything looks so nice. I feel my designs still need a bit of thinking on the spatial layout. New project is a bit of an experiment with many elements I've never used.

Others with the same theme color... It's an appealing combi which I really adore!

Another christmassy theme, not too overpowering.

Tags design and a lovely print idea!

I really this overdone-vintage design!

It's a really nice square design and I think it's not easy to do up something like this! I am into foam words from thickers and I really like foam or gloss words instead of chipboard words, somehow...


Nice way of using flowers around the photo.

Yellow theme and the use of the bobble ribbon is nice.

I've never thought of this color combi and it looks so nice and stunning yet simple, clear, elegant...