Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Even if you are a member of the Wallflower club



One of my dear guy friends used to love to wear a hawaii-print shirt. (Please gasp loudly now...)

Each time I saw the hapless chap in his hawaii-shirt, army crewcut, and jeans, I secretly wanted to rip it apart and burn it.

I think hawaii shirts should only be worn in Hawaii.

Of course, its more about the essence of the man and not the clothes he wears, but the floral print immediately blinds most chic ladies to his flawless beauty within. Don't get me started on Hawaii pants...perhaps only ladies can carry such big blooms...? Please banish those hawaii shirt to 90s' fashion history, or risk looking like dinosaurs...

Prehistoric drinks.


And almost every modelesque woman can look good in a sack or the androgynous ensemble of gray sequinned tank, harem pants and tailored jacket, but what about the rest of us? Fashion seems almost cruel to the majority whom I'm sure, are not a (US) size 2. (Lucky me!)

But take heart, hapless creatures.
Though my brain prefers to engage itself in esoteric topics and lately I favor the monochrome outfits of black skirt and white shirt in callback to my banquet waitressing days, I have stepped out of the neutrals/black slouchy bag mode and into Spring.

I've bought a Marc Jacobs bag in burgundy and a Raoul envelope clutch in lovely lovely rose gold. To add to this cheerful collection, meet Ms Kate Spade tote in yummy yummy orange!
My new 'partner'... love love love!


You may ask why women need so many bags. I don't have the answer! Hahaha! But it sure makes us feel happy! Maybe we just have a fetish for 'the smell of new bags', like the 'new car' smell. Plus, women of all sizes and shapes can buy and carry off almost any style of bag or shoe!

I can very safely say that these key pieces will be safe for anyone to wear, even for members of the Wallflower club.

People will say that you look oh-so-pretty, perhaps for the very first time.


Alex perry feather earrings from Diva (still in stores!)
Rose gold skinny belt from Raoul (Also in stores...)
Mustard yellow sunnies from Prada
Croc cuff - not available here
Vionnet nude and black toga
High waisted shorts, Raoul has for Cruise collection 2011
Miu miu bow pumps
Yellow vintage shift dress with sheer cutout stripes
And the orange Kate Spade bag.