Sunday, February 13, 2011

she's me.

Most girls have always found it difficult to 'clique' or even communicate with the guys I count as buddies, those longtime friends. Well, I don't blame them. I've witnessed firsthand how they become as quiet as a clam when faced with a specimen from Venus. I'm perhaps the ONLY Venutian buddy they have for the longest time. And I also don't know why I can be 'one of the guys' without losing my femininity. I really hope that some sisters would be keen on those chaps because I've seen the sweet and awesome side of them. But really, sometimes I feel like the girl from 'big bang theory'. She's me!
For the more introverted Martians, they usually behave like bumbling, woodenish or mouselike robotic drones because... They are just too shy and nervous. Just having eye contact with Venusians gives them the jitters. As women goes, we become alert and questioning at the sight of martians, and lively! We ask them questions with shining eyes which is undechiperable and scary to them, unchartered waters... They need time to process! Well I usually do what I do best, sit back and wait. Wait for them to initiate. They would, eventually.Just lean back, smile a small encouraging smile and appear doll-like. Soon enough, they will be decently chatty and less weird.

I enjoy esoteric conversations about engineering and metaphysics so perhaps I make it a little easier for the 'big bang theory' category of martians.But so much has been written about the 'battle of the sexes' and we keep misreading each other, feeling upset and whatnot. An open and honest dialogue is always best if both care for each other and are willing to learn more about the other party! Afterall, you will eventually be spending your life in an interplanetary state should you decide to reproduce and coexist in shared worlds, so keeping an open mind about how to improve communication and social interaction is always something commendable. I read an article about surviving your 25ish years, and it mentioned that the disparity is vast between those who spent their early 20s improving themselves - growing, getting therapy for childhood issues, learning etc. I do see the difference between those who are mature and those who don't want to grow up and out of their naivete.

And I've been wiser too, I hope. Knowing that some situations are potentially dangerous for my heart in a 'time spent together will develop uncalled-for feelings' mode, I should turn the other way.

Above all, may we guard each other's hearts as we grow and learn together, how to live in this strange world. Happy Valentine's!