Saturday, March 26, 2005

Thank God its good friday

Good Friday comes early this year... Was asked, why is it called GOOD Friday anyways? I couldn't answer. Asked a few of my friends yesterday; they too were baffled.

J's mum passed away early in the week. Intestinal cancer. I realize morbidly around me speaks of death and illness. Went to the wake on Wednesday evening - was shocked to see auntie looked so - dead, so haggard. Last saw her a year ago when I was at J's place. She was always petite, but still had a healthy glow. I guess only when good health is gone you realize how much its being taken for granted. I'm still thin from the dengue but I'm back to exercising and walking everywhere. Though it's bad to walk too much, being hazy and all.

Maybe concidental, but I felt events leading up to my Wednesday wake visit was really purposeful. Firstly, I happened to be wearing a black-and-white ensemble, which was so unlike the usually brightly dressed me. I actually changed my mind about what to wear before going out, which is what I seldom do as well. Also, I was running errands the whole day and I did not even drink as much as a drop of water. Even when I hurriedly reached home to bathe and zoom to the next place, my house...had no water! Arh. So I just opened the refrigerator and grabbed the nearest drink. Red bull. I usually cannot sleep after drinking that, but I just felt that I needed the extra energy. True enough, I stayed at the wake till 4am and J remarked how fresh I was. =)

I am glad that my parents are blessed with good health - they have not even been to the hospital even once, rather its us children that get sick. I wonder whether sickness strikes alternate generations so that the healthy ones can look after their sick parents/children and pay for the bills. Maybe my parents are slightly younger than my counterparts so the old sickness has not stricken them yet.

Well.
Hope that when I go service later Mr Foo tells me about the reason behind the name.