Sunday, April 03, 2005

$1 Fighting Fish

Went for a walk today, passed by 'Rainbow' (pronounced in the cheena way of dragging the first vowel and shortening the second one u in a high-pitched nuance: rrraaain-bouuullll) the all-famous aquarium shop in Singapore. Apparently Rainbow is so famous, they don't even need to advertise. And when they do, they don't even need to put the location down, probably because the whole of Singapore knows it by heart.

So I passed by Rrraaain-bouuulll...and they were having a special offer of fighting fishies for $1. I don't really analyze the price of fishes but I guess that's dirt cheap. And there were many, many fishies... say 50 or so glass bottles. Felt really tempted to buy one and take care of it...even though I never really enjoyed fishies-watching. Heard this lame joke over the pulpit: "What's the difference between a fish tank and an aquarium tank?" Answer: The aquarium has plants.

(-_-)

It rained again today, real gray darkened skies and a heavy downpour that lasted till late afternoon, at least at my area. Uncle Sun, I don't need anymore whitening products that tempts consumers by saying, "Do you want to look whiter/fairer/brighter like Sammi/Fann/some chinese artiste?" Noooooo. I want to look tanner. Like Jennifer/Beyonce/Fiona... A light golden brown thank you. April showers are depressing. Long and humid, never refreshing. Or perhaps it's just that I'm ... discomfabulated... I am incredulous at the fact that some commonplace incident drove me nuts. The commonplace incident, no one's fault, triggered off some unhappy memories in the way-off past that suddenly saw daylight and sliced through a supposedly beautiful day. My past gets the better or me. Hey, I'm a present-present person... 'Cuz I live for the moment. But why this... haiz. I think too much. I think I think too much. I know I think too much. But I can't stop thinking, unless I sleep? OR... have a brain transplant with a blonde (oops - intentional faux pas) SO I guess this perturbed state of self-analysis will legitimize my rainy april days into a moody aura. Till I make The Choice to be happy without losing my mind.

As for the fighting fishie, I have a sudden thought to buy a few of the down-trodden, sad-looking ones. The ones with the unbeautiful fins and unhealthy look. Its only $1. Some fish-spca? Perhaps yea... Just thought that it would be nice to give them a better home, a bigger fishie tank while they still have a chance to live. Perhaps tomorrow I'd collect the spare change in my purse and make a kind purchase.