Saturday, April 02, 2005

Drops of rain in April

::Drops of rain in April, poem. Copyright mine::



The still breath frosts on windowpanes
And extends like snowflakes on glass
I remember when our eyes first met
Your scent, the warmth of your smile
I close my eyes and try again
To not forget
To keep close to my heart
Your sweet presence.

The distance hurts
Like drawing razor sharp lines on my back
I wish you could read my mind
I wanted you to be happy
Waking moments spent
Suspended; halfway through dreams
Thought you were beside me
Heard your voice
If only it was real
Then I could sleep forever.

I trace the snowflakes with my still-warm fingers
They dissolve, melt away
Like you
Fragile, gentle, beautiful, cold
Tenderly enfold you
Like a small kitten
If we wanted, could we stay this way forever?
Two hurt creatures
Seeking warmth from the bitter cold
In each other finding themselves.

It started, like the morning dew;
Or drops of rain in April
Once seen, it blew a magical dust
I cease to ask how
Or when or why
Just marvelling at a blessing
Of how it came to be.


Far away a sparrow chirps
I thought I heard you say something
But it was only the blowing of the wind.