Monday, April 25, 2005

You've got the tingly feeling

Maybe I'm a bit slow, but I realised sometime last week that the 'Mr Right' not only has to fulfil all the criterias and be the man of my dreams, but we also have to have the certain amount of chemistry between us. Not literally sparks, like what me n Hedge keep giving each other in cold places, but ... some sort of emotion which has to have certain elements in it. I would define it as a mixture of feeling at ease with each other, yet maintaining the 'tingly' feeling. It's strange, with the guys I've dated, really there wasn't both - Dirrk fitted my criteria well, was delectably handsome and intelligent to boot, unfortunately I never had any 'tingly' feelings for him, although I was comfortable. There was once I had a crush for a very long time on a friend who loved music, too... tingly feelings yes, but I never was at ease with that person. He's happily attached now, I'm happy for that.

It's rare to find that special someone even though you may not know it yet, but things will just fit into place no matter how much reservations you have initially. Someone you can eat with anyplace, from hawker centres to fine dining, laugh out loud at comedies with, doll up on a weekend night date with him, and feel so elated when he murmurs that you look great. Yet comfortable enough to let him see you in 'home clothes', slouching on the sofa, sharing little bits of what happened during the day and what you have hoped and dreamt of. Someone who is always on your mind despite the arguments that leave you disheartened, you know that in the long run they will mature the relationship. When you find yourself thinking of him unexpectedly, and each time you surf the net or shop or eat something, you will think of asking his opinion, or bringing him to eat at the nice food place, or always wanting to buy a small small something for him... when you care more for his well-being than you do for yours. It's a very lovely feeling aye?

::::::

Went City Plaza and Holiday Inn with sis, terribly tired due to all the walking done. A very fruitful trip though, so happy with all the worthwhile and unique and can't-find-in-sg purchases, I think after I collect my baby blue crocs shoes today, I will not be needing anything for a long time. Don't really like to shop here 'cuz everything is so common... the uncommon ones are so expensive... I don't mind paying more for good quality stuff but then I don't really treasure my things that much... like clothes, previously I'd buy the cheaper quality ones and then wear a few times and throw away, 'cuz I like variety... but I found that some of the well-loved items I couldn't bear to throw and hung on to them till they looked quite worn and unusable. Cleared out my small small lingerie cupboard and found there were few that I could keep. So I went on a lingerie-buying spree... hehe. I'm beginning to understand ladies' (and men) love affair with lingerie. Well, Tangs service, dressing rooms, and ranges are superb. I'd most definitely be a repeat customer. Skinny me can only fit into the Japanese labels though, think the European ones hang loose on me although I fancy the delicate trimmings. Realised its not good to be too adventourous with styles and colors in lingerie - especially nowadays my tops seem to be a tad transluscent... what happened to the decency of designers, hahaha... probably the cotton market isn't doing too well... So all the colorful ones are relegated to go under dull-colored clothes, of which I probably own a grand total of two. Don't think Society and Moms-city can accept comic-book print cups peeking out of a skinny off white sleeveless tank. I do need a bit of decorum to maintain my auntie-killer status. Yea, and I do fancy most of the bright colors this season - mint, watermelon pink, light aquamarine, browns and oranges, safari look... butterflies printed everywhere is too much for me though. Personally I can't wear black, I don't like it on me, (it's blah boring don't suit my personality) and also I will look shapeless, it's too much of a slimming color for me. I always think that people who (need to) wear black are either plump, insecure, into the goth look, or just that it's their favorite color. I would never buy a black suit, unless I'm offered with no choice. Who said black is the only formal color anyways. A deep interesting navy or chocolate would do just as well, and so much less harsh on Asian skins. So... I'm glad brights are in this season.