Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Perching at the edge of His waterfall; and who murdered the suckerfish?

I guess the only way I can describe my feelings about my ministry now is to liken it to perching on the edge of a huge waterfall - I seem so small, looking down at the gushes. Yet I feel a mixture of elation, trepidation and wonder all at once. Slightly scared too, at the hugeness of it all. I wrote in my journal, that these miracles happening in my cell, in this districtm are just the beginning drops of an overflow that's going to sweep across the land, and perhaps even the whole East itself! Some cells never see harvest, or multiplication - mine saw the miracle of salvation barely a month before it started, and again,and now, 3 more salvations are being added to our family. Ganesh, who was outstationed in Washington for a month, came back to us today, and he was surprised at the new faces - said that 'Is this my cell?' =)

It's really an exciting time for all of us, I think I get the most kick out of it, as I have advance notice about the new ones coming, and the rest only know about them when they actually come for cell. I remain hopeful that once they come, they will stay. Afterall, most surprisingly, it has always been the case for this cell. No irregulars - and with God's grace, it will stay this way. 14 people in Sunnydale last night - it was great, Shirley was running out of chairs already... I think we have to sit on the floor soon... =) Definitely I am worried that I'll not be responsible, or say the wrong thing while leading Grow. But I guess focusing on God is better! Which makes so much sense to me, instead of focusing on our human inadequacies. I still want to ask God for more, more miracles, more people to nurture, I don't care if I'm spiritually overworked, or leading New Beginnings back-to-back... this work is so much more fulfilling than any other!

____________________

When I came back from Pattaya church camp, my house had a new inclusion of two aquariums - perhaps my father was lonely in the week, so bought himself some pets. My house has way too many inhabitants now! On the bottom one we just keep tiger barbs and prawns plus one suckerfish. The top one has 2 kissing fish, 12 disciples (bought 12 small fishies with red stripe), 2 colorful but dumb looking ones, one suckerfish, some small prawns, some kampung fish, some small swordfish swimming on top, and I bought 4 golden fish with long feelers to add to the pool. All went well until yesterday - we discovered the murder of the suckerfish.

The fish kept getting lesser and lesser - especially the 12 disciples - one was martyred the day after it came, so it became 11... the next day 9... we joked that peter, james and john were in the fishing boat... and today, 8. The main suspect were the small prawns on the bottom, but they were cleared of that after suckerfish died - too big to actually get stabbed by the prawns. Mum suspects the plant - some seaweed that Dad scooped from the reservoir - the plant grew some fungus looking spots and Mum said it smells... perhaps, the suckerfish sucked the poison from the plants. The two colorful but dumb looking ones also passed away last night, they didn't look eaten though, perhaps they were suicidal and one was actually stuck to the pump. The strangest thing is that, while we are awake - which is really long, until 3 am, the aquarium was observed, and no deaths occurred.

Meanwhile my cat and hamsters are doing well.

=)