Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A sweet prayer buddy for a new season

I will remember the words of my friends, and the concern that punctuates the silences between them.

In this new season of my life, I long for people with whom I can feel comfortable with, who accept my idiosyncracies, and love me enough to tell me the mistakes I'm making, which road to move forward on...those who will walk alongside me in this journey of destiny, also finding and reaching their own.

For the longest time Sheepy has been ever patient and kind to me, perhaps I overlooked these character traits as unimportant. Sometimes I fail to realise the door that was open, and walk past it, only to find that I've missed it... but I won't go back 'cuz I'm looking for a window.

I love conversations with wise people, it gives me comfort and I feel strengthened to face my fears. To touch God's fingertips is all I long for. I always thank God for Sheepy, that He has provided a person to hear me. A cheerleader in a sense. Someone who has gone this way, not too long before...and is willing to lend a hand, a shoulder, a ear...maybe I even need feet 'cuz I get tired easily... After all, I do need it. Always do. And He has always provided listeners of the Sheepy-sort, throughout the seasons. This season it's Sheepy, of course. =) Aye! It's still a little bit strange to be like this, maybe as I get older I have more reservations, or more realisations. Now I know why people look at other people differently when they realise some things. But for me, nothing changes - only a mere wisp of tension in my body perhaps. We talked for more than 2 hours prior to this. He allayed my anxieties about leading cell with 6 newcomers. My own apprehensions too, took a backseat as I focused on God, which should always be the focal point. We sweetly agreed to be prayer buddies. The need was there, as well as the motivation. I hope I can pray, everyday...I used to be able to pray for Giffy, Shann... etc my members, everyday. Somewhere along the line the intensity was gone, I became tired, dispirited, dispassionate. But the anointing, and the motivation is back for I realise the truth behind my identity. And that will be the agenda, to let the new believers and members know about God's purpose for their lives. Their identity. Their destiny. May the Holy Spirit's presence fall so strongly in Sunnydale tomorrow.

Once again, I'm glad to be God's little helper.