Monday, June 27, 2005

Someone who believes in me

When you have no light to guide you...
And no one to walk beside you...
I'll be there for you,

I will believe in you.

Sometimes, when there is a need to stop moving forward, at certain parts of life's journey; and just look behind, not beyond; for a nanosecond, Rachel remembers the storms weathered and the people who believed in her.

A small stirring in her heart ensues grateful thoughts and a warmth that fills up her soul as she makes a mental note to appreciate them, but knowing the frailties of life, these kindred souls often go their way, demanding not even a word of thanks.

After all, how can the impact of a changed life through someone's prayers be possibly expressed in a memo? How can mindsets broken and a spirit renewed be comprehended in an utterance of gratitude?

In Chapter 2 I begin to realise the impact of these lives on my life. I'm definitely very blessed, almost 'chosen' from the beginning as immediately when I joined, I was handpicked to potentially lead and serve Him. Why this occurs is more of a mystery to me than to anyone else, I know myself well and for years I battled my irksome nonconventional behavior, only to realise last year that it's an indispensable part of my character and in reality I'm a rare type. Hoho. The type who answers the questions and questions the answers.

And now it's my turn to be a channel of blessing to others, those who see no hope in themselves, those who cannot clique with anyone but me. I can think of two. Not that I have a magical ability to instantly connect with people (it can be trained though), I choose to believe that God placed me in their lives (and vice versa) for a special reason.

I see potential in everyone.

Some people clamour for the privilege of making a difference. I have been blessed by just having it, even though most of the time I feel constrained under it, and slightly stressed too. But I realise the significance of my paradigm, my positioning - being in this place gives me a huge chance to impact others and also learn much. It's as if God was dictating my steps!

I'm going to try to make a difference in someone else's world. To just believe in them, that they can reach their fullest potential. And then? I guess I'd have to wait and see.

It's an exciting journey ahead.