Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Being happy in every lil thing

I realised that being overjoyed lately, in a constant state of gleeful happiness, rubs off people. My cell became a giggly bunch, we laughed and laughed today. Retail assistants I met seemed to want to joke with me and were tremendously helpful for my errands today. That's the way it should be, no worries, putting my trust in God for everything to work out just fine. It's not easy for me to do so - and never was, but for weeks now God has been saying, 'Do not grab and grasp, just trust in Me...' That He will make everything beautiful in His Time.

Had a really good conversation today till 3am. Reminiscent of those campus days where Time was of no consequence (if you didn't have morning class), and I could just yakk away for hours and go to bed really tired, and sleep really peacefully till almost noon. That being said, I'm a quality time person, and being on the phone sometimes beats meeting one-on-one. It's definitely more relaxing, and I can just have a focused conversation without worrying about eye contact, whether I look fierce or troubled and the person will misinterpret my body language, just slack into the couch and have a proper, decent conversation which I hadn't, in ages. Of course, me being in an alarmingly overjoyed mood, wanting to change mindsets, 'wake people's ideas' up', and be encouraging, motivational, and sincerely friendly at the same time proved to be no mean feat. Guess he was amazed at how I could be so peppy despite having quite a tiring day, after traisping toapayoh to bencoolen to arab street, to home, to cell, to jalan kayu, still could chirp happily about my cell and ministry! Thought that Shiner wanted to talk, he smsed if I was sleeping (I'm a late 'bird) but when I called apparently he snoozed already. For a moment thought that perhaps something bad had happened... but I guess he was just homesick... not used to his roommate's snoring perhaps! Hahaha.

Interpersonal relationships fascinates me. It's strange how you can 'know' someone for a super long time, and know everything about the person, yet know nothing... and discover that there's so many more hidden facets about this person that are...hmmm, interesting, and you feel sort of 'sucked in' to this person's sphere, that you just want to keep on finding out more and more, and there seems to be a point where, you two are so 'gam' that you start to talk like each other, laugh like each other and know each other's there for you, that there's nothing that will make you feel uncomfortable with each other. You start to be increasingly fond of the person, and naturally, close too.

For me, this always happens, but not with my other-half-to-be. Happy to talk, but no long conversations? No sweet deeper understanding? No nonverbal communication, soulmate-like linking of hearts? Argh. Perhaps these are just trial lessons. For the main course, it will be something special!