Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Words; and a new song...

It's definitely so much more meaningful to wake up to a day that's occupied with happy things like meeting people, learning more about new stuff, going different places(preferably mostly air-conditioned), and just feeling that you matter, to someone.

I would just love it when people tell me that I've just 'made their day', or when they sincerely thank me for something I did not expect gratitude for, or cannot remember doing. I'm grateful for their support, when I'm feeling low as I was, this past week (job-hunting woes) and a lady's predisposed moodiness took over me, I'm happy for my friends' concern. Only lately realised how Kie has been my 'emotional support', 'my right hand man' in so many ways that I'm ashamed to admit I sometimes underestimate his talents and underutilize them, ministry-wise. Melted a little when he told me he is praying for me and sms-ed me a verse(Phil 4:6)... then, Shiner too(Luke 18:7 and Psalms 37:3-4)... Debster too... everyone is soooo encouraging!

John C. Maxwell said this and I echo it too, everyone needs encouragement in their lives, and for sometime now I guess, I don't seem to be getting enough encouragement. Not that I desperately long for it, but some support would be nice. Shiner said something insightful, when I muttered this to hi, he said that the people around me don't know what to encourage me about. 'Cuz I do portray an unshakeable positive attitude? Or I just seem to have no worries? Hmmm. It set me thinking quite a bit. I think I shall share more of my concerns with others around me. I tend to share only the excited, happy things, true. That's 'cuz this season I'm excited and happy with so many things to anticipate! But I could use some encouragement, or a pass-it-on card.

While I still have some time left, I shall write nice long letters to everyone.... love writing... love singing too... but it would be too weird to sing odes to the folks I know.

Writing a new song...New song being completed soon. Working title being 'Unseen Hand'... creepy eh, like 'Corpse Bride'(which no one is keen to watch with me) Eh, 2 weeks...in progress... this is a really slow pace for songwriting for me... Think it's mediocre, but good, considering I have not written for so long. Been wondering what sparked this in me again. While compiling my digital music, was opening all my old CD-Rs, have so many of them for schoolwork previously. I found one with the documents of some of the old songs I forgot I wrote, yay! (I mean I remember writing them, but I cannot remember the entire song/composition.) Kept playing them. And whoo hoo! Beamer-my-rich-brother went to Comex, now I've got a wireless mouse and Prodikeys DM to play with. If I can figure out how it works!