Friday, October 14, 2005

Stiff

Tidak merasa cemas.
Jangan menyerah.

So tired. Tired of thinking, seeing, knowing, feeling. Tired of smiling, talking, walking, sighing.
Came home early and slept like the dead for 5 hours... now I'm stiff, and cold. It's as if someone took my vitality away 'while I was gone' and now my body's half alive. I slept on my right arm last night and now it aches like hell.

I guess that if you look for encouragement you will find it. It's funny how people often antagonize each other by assuming things that they don't really know; yet bond together when their hearts are softened by a hurt look or a deep sharing. And in those moments, a closer emotional tie is formed. I lament the superficiality of friendships now, for most people it means having a drnking buddy or just someone to listen to their chatterings, anyone. I'm particular in the friends I choose to share to. Not discriminating amongst those I make friends with, but on a deeper level, there are few who choose to show the resilience and maturity I long for. In my darkest moments, I wish for someone who can be as uninhibited by the norms like I am, that he would just prop me up because I feel that I have no strength, and I would just flop to the floor, that he would give me a nice hug to make me feel warm outside, even though I'm so cold inside. Just for a little while, to feel that I'm snugly tucked in, shielded from the big world and all its vast monstrosities, to hear a soothing voice tell me, sincerely, that he will protect me and make sure no harm will ever come to me... and knowing what I know, I believe him.