Thursday, November 17, 2005

Keeping silent

Just had a fleeting thought that it would be nice to have a manual, an easy-to-read book about everything that we could possibly wonder in life.

Maybe, I will write one someday and it would be a bestseller.

I guess, Life always brings many unexpected surprises.

Like the meeting of kindred spirits, the outcome of things done that you never knew created opportunities in life for you to be happier, to improve the quality of life, to learn, to find joy.

In the diaspora of hundreds and hundreds of people, it is often hard to realise that in the crowd, there would be one person who's waiting to meet you.

Sometimes it's easy, almost effortless, the coincidental meetings forged by just being in that place, at that point of time, with that person.

Other times, it's difficult. To think that you might have overlooked people you pass by everyday, hence losing many opportunities, seems to me such a devastating thought. Imagine, if no one had the initiative, and just kept silent.

Perhaps I am prone to keeping silent many times in the past. It's been said, some people fall under the 'observant' category, some under 'oblivious', and some 'on target!' I've been, too often, too observant, only talking with my skinny eyes, longing and wishing for something to happen but never doing anything about it, until the opportunity is gone.

Been hanging with Grasshopper lately, he's someone that is a male version of me (manager: That's terrible! Me: Stop it!) only that he is naggier and ... slightly blur...okay I am, too... We like to space out and think about stuff. Seeing him everyday has been wonderful, it's almost like we have known each other for ages, yet it's been barely days. I just hope to guard my heart in this friendship - although to me, between friends, there is no such thing as being too close. Let's see how it goes, I rarely meet someone so much like me, haha! I do enjoy his company very much, and surprisingly I'm not as irritated by him as all the other extroverted males in my cohort. To think that we almost never got acquainted with each other seems horrendous to me now. Lei was with me that day at Cltax, she is amazed how close we are now. Make friends easily, my forte. All the same I'm still guarded - I need quantity time which I do get from Grass... =) We have declared ourselves 'partners', businesswise, hope that it will be a fulfilling time together.

Keeping an open mind is a good thing. As long as it's coupled with a guarded heart.