Friday, December 23, 2005

Attractive?

Unremembering.

Sudden remembrances of nice things in the past done for me - or perhaps I have memory lapses, or meeting too many people nowadays suddeny trigger off my memories of other people. People remind me of people and how much I miss them. I think Grass reminds me of a boy I once loved very much, that is why, I care so much for him too. I tend to forget why I care for people, or what they have done for me, even forgetting about their existence altogther until meeting them by chance again.

Or meeting other people who remind me of them, then I get emotionally attached to these people because they are so much like the other people.

I think I get emotionally attached to other people easily. (Then again I also get emotionally detached easily.) Even meeting new people, some of them would just linger in my mind and I'd wonder about them, their thought processes, do they really mean what they say, and what does the look in their eyes mean...? How do they perceive me as, and why do I care about that? What sort of people do they like, and why? It's quite fun really... a new friend I met(Weeky) who had that look in his eyes, a wistful look that I could identify with, emailed me today. Unexpected, and a really sweet gesture coming from him! Well it could be a purely commercial communication, but I think we'd hit it off as friends - people who are attracted to each other, but only in the platonic sense.

Hope to see Weeky again, and share more, when he comes down to our island soon.

Been wondering about what attracts other people to some people and not to the rest - the everlasting debate about whether opposites attract and so on... I have some theories about this...which I actually believe in aye...Firstly, we will always know when we are attractive to the people who find us attractive. I think it's the body language and something that we emit, that actually communicates it to that effect. That is why we are so comfortable with our friends, we know they love us...And usually, the people we find attractive would also find us attractive. Explains how come I have so many handsome guy friends, hahaha...

For the non-platonic type of attraction, I think I'm still quite clueless about this, haha. I cannot tell, and I'm often wrong. My radar is totally not working. My sensings are totally off... But lately I think that I should be more aware though. I shall be more sensitive. But not over sensitive. I mean, people are attracted to you(or not), so what? It doesn't really matter. Of what good can it bring? Sometimes I think, it brings more troubles.

I get traumatised people just pass remarks that, "Oh, I thought Mr X was your prospective boyfriend" - or worse, think that I'm already married to Kie - gosh, I'm so traumatised by that! Told Kie to keep a distance from me lest I get left on the shelf. But talking to people recently I learn that many of them thought I had something going on with one of my handsome close friends or the other. Perhaps I have not been very forthcoming in sharing about my dalliances and romances.

I do wonder though that whether some people's behaviour towards me are just because they are like that, or because they are attracted to me. Guys, its obvious. It's the eye contact - how you are looking at the person - or how you glance at the person briefly then look away guiltily... or you look at the person searchingly...or pretend not to look. Me, I've observed many a guy/gal looking at my friends in this way. So, I always know who finds the people I'm close with attractive, even though they might never admit to it.