Monday, December 26, 2005

Punchinello's Christmas

I like you,
I love you,
We all agree...
Without you (Jesus)
There'd be no me.

-'Punchinello and the most marvelous gift', by Max Lucado.

Different things touch different people.

These days, I'm touched by a book cover - or rather, receiving this book has personal emotions for me.

I cried watching a children's story dvd in church.

I cried when Aslan died. (Want to go buy the book tomorrow. Read Narnia - not in entirety though...read it when I was a kid, was wonderfully fascinated by it. Love the witch.) Did anyone notice that the witch was wearing Aslan's mane in the last war scene, to hide the fact that she was 'melting' - as she loses her power, her icicles-crown get shorter and has a less icy look too. Also the last scene where there was this animal with the mustache. Which was drawn on my Edmond by charcoal when he first entered the icy palace. I really like the faun and the centaur, too. A good depiction of the whole book, in general.

Really happy that my members together brought a total of 18 oikos to "The Inn". (Aside, the songs are ringing in mine and my members' head. Too catchy! And perhaps we sat too close to the front, could remember the actions to the dancing as well!) I'm proud of them, knowing that they value evangelism as much as I do. It's simply amazing to see 'happy problems' like, not enough seats, we have to come early so that we can get places, the people want to hang out after service just to have a drink and chat. I really sense that this season is going to be a really good time for us. It touches my heart when my people remember encouraging things that I've shared and said to them, and apply it to their lives, and share them with other people.

It shows that sometimes all we need is a little faith. Add hope. And love, just right for this season.