Thursday, January 19, 2006

Opening the waters: God and me in the marketplace

Signs that a marketplace anointing is going to break forth is evident when in the span of one short week, I get the opportunity to talk to 2 people about God. And the week's not even over yet.

I did not intend to speak purposefully, but I'm glad God used me. During coffee break, had a chance to chat with my manager's manager's manager (okay he is quite high up there). Always wanted to talk to him because he had such kindly eyes and I believe, a gentle spirit. Knew he was a christian but didn't know he used to be a deacon. He has a call. Till now (Late 30s, I presume) not sure what is the direction God intends for him to take. He shared that he left his church, went to another, but now God brought him back. I sensed his spirit was down - disheartened perhaps. So I spoke, even though I was shaky. I told him about breakthroughs, what God has been saying to me, about the river flowing in the marketplace, that this year is going to be different, for him, for me, for a good number of people who choose to believe. He just sat there and listened quietly, with such a teachable spirit. Max Lucado says, show (Christ's)love in action by doing something unexpected for someone who has a need. I will write him a pass-it-on card.

Met Super2 on the street who became a friend and an interested client-to-be. He commented on my signature on emails which states, "Prayer changes things". He said, I do hope that prayer changes things. Wow. This guy, he is searching for something. Talked about an hour in the morning, shared about our lives. He has been to Trinity before, he has asked God to reveal Himself to him before. But he says, no response. So how? Honestly, I do truly believe that God will reveal when you ask, as many of my friends have had this personal encounter. Many have sowed in his life - was inspired to hear that a Trinity cell leader have been calling him for one and a half years now, since the first time he came during a play. Persistence and Faith. I want to do that, too. If I can call my clients-to-be everyday, (there is one I call everyday at least), why not someone who needs a spritual investment? Isn't that more important than anything else in the world?

Have set a kopi chat meeting with Super2. Told him, I will talk to him about God. He was intrigued and obliged.