Friday, February 24, 2006

Dissipate the dark cloud

Because I see a tinge of sadness in your eyes; which mirrors mine.
Smile at the people who need it, not the ones who are happy already? But then, maybe the ones who needs happiness are the ones who cherish it more. Realised that Manager's Manager's Manager has such kindly, wrinkly eyes - He appears to be really ''up there'' and respected and liked by all, but perhaps only I can see his melancholic, dark side. It causes me to wonder, what deep hurts he carries in the fleeting, sad look in his eyes.

Felt like a dark cloud was hanging over me yesterday - happily though, I received unexpected encouragements. Manager sensed I was perturbed and got me to drink. Drink kopi la. I have to admit it gave a temporal high after. Had a nice pep talk from Cutebert too - he seems to admire my resilience - and asked me for a demo in talking to people on the street. He says that his fear level is up there, whilst mine is low-low. Cutebert, now a manager, knows his stuff. A guy who admits his fear is one who has more strength than he knows. I did tell him that he could do it! We both needed affirmation perhaps.

And earlier, Blondie spoke to me. He's new. I made him hungry...hahaha by eating a delicious bread that was in my inhouse cafeteria...I will always remember that he asked me it was called...And I said...'bread'...And he thought I was making fun of him. He's nice. I think I am pretty good by now, at sizing people up, before even knowing them! Blondie introduced himself before he entered the gents'. And said goodnight, too, as I was leaving. He will be another one of the friends I have at The Office. Those that remember my name, those that I would like to spend more time with, talking to them.

It's amazing the tumult of emotions that run you through, the course of just one day. I never liked people who gave too much of themselves to their feelings, however, perhaps I should give more thought to mine. How nice it would be if I could just speak and live with real emotion!