Monday, February 06, 2006

Don't wait till you're my age

Heard Tetra say to Kie yesterday, "Don't wait till you're my age."

Being at least 5 years apart he probably has seen so much youthful potential then and now, perhaps this statement is tinged with regret. Me too, I have heard this phrase recently from a woman in her late 20s. I guess she means to say that I should treasure my relationships with the male species and try to take it a step further if it is possible, or just don't be too choosy when it comes to love. Am I? For the matter I don't have high moral standards, just perhaps a similar level of physical attraction. After all, guys want their girlfriends to be pretty, right? Vice versa applies here! At least young, healthy looking, nice features and taller than me.

And I realised that almost all the church girls are 'shu nus' - long hair... erm, typical gu-niang look... honestly I'm not attracted as well... though, some did take the effort to dress up. I'm non 'shu-nu', nor 'sporty', I think I prefer to have the socialite rock chic look. Messy wavy locks pinned to the side with tendrils sticking out here and there. Sharp jeans with uber chic black sandals. Manicured nails. A design tee or sexy blouse. Yes.

Most of the girls were in heels. Skirt(must cover knee) Very thick makeup that day. Hair is long and straight. Boyfriends wore tee shirt and cannot-make-it-jeans. If my boyfriend was around, I'd kill him for being so lacklustre. Thank God my co-leader of the group wore a decent blue shirt and chinos to 'match' me, hahaha...plus his stunning looks, his killer style and natural camaderie did more than save the day for me. I must say that he is very considerate towards my emotions! Hope no one thinks we have something going on...

I realised that after Jazzmatazz I had a high standard of physical attraction - for me. Maybe because I've already went out with all the 'most handsome' guys in church, or they are my personal friends, that I really thought the types that presented themselves yesterday were way below average. Maybe it's only younger ones that present an attraction to me. Or perhaps my heart is someplace else, that I look through the crowd with dulled eyes, that no one else can compare to the one I deem the best. I've decided that if I know the best, the best is the best.

And after jazzmatazz we went out with the older guys to discuss about dating, love, and making the first move. Juicy topics to spark interest in me. I did learn from the discussion, about how older people thought and felt about relationships with the opposite gender in general. My cell members told me to consider marrying 'ang moh' to dance jazz with me. I thought that was quite a considerable idea.

Why Singaporean men don't dance in public anyway?