Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Do it for God if you believe in Him.

If your heart is for God, everywhere you go, you will find Him. Everything you do and say is for Him. If you focusing on God and you believe in Him, wonderful things will happen.

Christmas party plans are underway and all of us are so excited after the trial run yesterday at the Newton condo. We found nice spots to 'travel' in and bring our friends too. Just really tying up some loose ends now. We make a great team! It's heartwarming to see almost everyone chipping in and doing their bit and more...Giving stuff, making and ordering food, inviting friends, etc. What's the spirit of Christmas if these are not done? =)

After the Angel sharing at cell, realised many interesting happenings in our Core. Members were blessed by strangers - one member got a Cold Storage discount (unheard of!) just because she paid in cash, and many other strange stranger blessings to.

Well... I got the chance to be an Angel.

Went one day to have lunch with Col and somehow he, last-minutely, could not meet me. Since I loved the Thai food there and already set off, I just decided to eat on my own. As I was approaching the overhead bridge, an uncle standing at the foot spoke to me in Chinese, something like, if it's safe to cross. I wanted to just pretend I didn't really understand and walked away, but somehow I just stuck my head out. Zoom! came the cars, and although there were people jay-running, I told him, better not cross here. Too dangerous. He hesitated for a long time and told me he had to get to the other side to take a bus to Thomson Medical Centre. It was only then I looked back at him and realised he only had one leg. The other, was a fake one, so barbie doll beige that it looked scarier than if he had none.

Then in my halting Chinese, I told him to take a cab and pulled out $xx bucks from my purse. He, in the Chinese way, flatly refused my money, saying that I was an office staff, I needed to eat, blah blah. Then I told him I didn't need this money, but the way I put it in Chinese (Wo bu xu yao qian), sounded as if I was filthy rich, haha. Then his eyes brightened and took it. To cut the long story short, he told me how he got into this situation and he lives alone, and asked me which Deity do I honor. I shook my head and said, no, I go to church.

He then brightened up again and said that he used to go to this church in Redhill but not anymore as it was too far. Wrote him the Chinese service in my church, plus my name and to look for a certain Uncle there... he mentioned that he would come by after Christmas. Wee! I hope he does, sincerely!

Another little testimony, God immediately answered a few of my small prayers, showing that He cares. Sick and coughing my head off and couldn't sleep one sleepless night. Hoped for a better day, plus I'm quite traumatised about coughing like that as I had childhood asthma. I prayed that the cough would stop and laid hands, cursed the sickness, etc.

And I was shocked. The cough - the long, hacking, painful cough that had plagued me the whole night... simply disappeared just like that. My throat was still feeling really painful and itchy like I wanted to cough, but each time I opened my mouth nothing came out. Still can't believe it.

I slept a peaceful sleep that night, but not before I thanked God in a silent prayer.