Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The best and the worst

If you are so worried about what other people think about you, then why do you act the way you do?

Saw an article in Lifestyle about a movie-speed dating. It was remarked in the 'donts', Don't make a running commentary about the movie during the movie. It is a put-off.

Haha. I hope I don't ever have the opportunity to meet this kind of people. Anyway, I would most probably tell them what I feel.

I think the best thing you can do for your loved one is to...just love them. Girls like flowers, I make it a point to give Jeann flowers every birthday (until maybe she is attached, then I pass on my duty...) I still remember I was asking Sammy who liked her very much (long time ago la) what kind of flower she would like... he replied very conclusively that she does NOT like flowers at all! X! You are wrong there bro!

All girls like flowers. (But of course not everyday, and not those big, embarassing kind of bouquets)

Except those who are allergic to them...(Kie had this bad experience once...dare I mention)
One of my 'toot' guy friends never ever gave his gf of 3 years a single rose. Tsk tsk!

Besides gifts... we all know about the love languages... or what people like to receive and will fall in love with you if you... spend time with them,or help them do spring cleaning, or just give them presents, touch them, haha! Discovering our own love languages help us to better fall in love... if your top love language is quality time, don't marry a doctor who has absolutely no time, and no life (but lots of money so lots of gifts!!!)... ya. I don't prefer that, although I know lots of people who do. Money CAN buy love, at least for some. Driving a sports car can, also... ...

I think the best thing you can do for yourself is to make the best of your time while you still have what it takes. Make money while the time is ripe... don't shortchange yourself. Get rid of all unwanted, unneccessary clutter in your life... reward yourself, pamper yourself by doing the things you like to do in awhile, and always upkeep yourself - dun let your looks and figure run away while you are still in your 20s! Coco Chanel once said, and I never forgot this statement: " There are no ugly people, only lazy ones..." If you have nice hair/eyes/ whatever asset, improve it! Showcase it! I think some people ALREADY look like aunties/uncle pattern... I feel so sad for them... sigh. It's time for Extreme Makeover to hit SG? The best thing to do for others... is to show you care. So love yourself too. Smell nice, look nice, carrying a nice handbag and wearing nice dresses really makes me feel good...the whole day! So yes, we can show we care for ourselves, too... otherwise a few years later, it will really be too late.

The worst thing you can do to yourself is...I feel strongly...not to admit your mistakes. Sure, sometimes its because we are over-confident, or really believe sincerely we are right. But these decisions which lead to sometimes disastrous mistakes are the ones hardest to admit. Have I made a mistake in ending this relationship? Or was it a mistake even starting it in the first place? I have no answers. Life is unpredictable. But what's the point of making others miserable if you keep insisting on things that don't really matter to anyone, just to get your point across... Everyone fails. The ones who fail again and again are those who make up countless excuses, and shifting the blame on others. Seem so childish, but all of us are guilty of doing it. What's more important is to be teachable, learn from it then, move on. What's the purpose if you keep thinking about it, making yourself angry over it, ranting and complaining... Some mistakes cost us money. Other mistakes simply cost us our pride. Is our pride so high that we neglect our faults and only see the faults in others? Personally, people who do not admit their wrongdoings and only shift the blame - or those (colleagues, some) I see, never wanting to take up any duties, only those that are self-seeking... I really personally do not have a good impression of them. Often, they are disliked by everyone eventually, despite the good impression they think they have on others. It's obvious when you are self-seeking.

The worst thing you can do to anyone...is to treat them like crap. Peeved at those who never reply my leaders'/my own concerned sms about their lives... Is your spiritual condition so worthless that you don't even bother to make a reply? To not answer emails, sms...simply not polite. Worst, to FFJ. (New term coined by FL.) Fangfeiji, or to 'put people aeroplane', ie not turn up when promised. Baaaad. I think this is the worst case! When you are assigned to host a particular event and last minute, sms you can't make it, without even giving a reason? Is that fair? You should be so lucky that people are only pissed at you, and don't go to 'pay you a house visit.' We are too, too forgiving to such characters. Pardoning them means that they will only do it again, and again to you...Also being 1 hour late, there is no good excuse for that! The good excuse also needs to come with flowers or a treat at least. If time is money and strictly speaking, pay it back la. Why steal other people's time? What goes around comes around, I always believe...If you do this to people, others will also do it to you in future. Not that we should not do it just because we are scared about one day, some one will be like that also... There is a strange character, a young chap who is a manager at a govt-owned company. Somehow, he always promised to meet me for lunch to talk about investing with me. And we chat well, too. But he always never turns up - don't even sms he is not coming... until hours later with some paltry excuse. Well this happened many times until... I did not even have the heart to call this fellow anymore. It's just inexcusable and unexplainable... and I wouldn't want to serve him as a client too!

I hope everyone will take some time to reflect and not be soooooo selfish. It takes many to make up this world...so be the one who will make a difference in Life.