Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Observe...

Now I know why they call it retail therapy!

Having done shopping as 'homework' most of my tertiary life, I really shudder from spending hours in malls, shopping - especially for clothes... besides our retail scene isn't much in those days, just the usual lookalike brands and whatnot. Shop like a man - I usually key in what I need to buy on Palmer and then shop for it. Shopping to me is a waste of time, and usually stressful with hordes of people blocking your way to things. But feeling down recently, I decided to stop work in the early afternoon and shop before my appointment later in the evening - I had to get some new, new year's clothes anyways. Plus my work clothes were getting rather shabby. So I went to Bugis after much consideration, knowing that the other places would not really suit my fancy. Voila! There was a nice shop - I had wandered in previously, liking the interior design... and found some knitwear tops to my liking. And...they were having a SALE! I like sales! Especially when... I only buy clothes that are on SALE.

And all the colors and styles suited me to a tee...Bought 3 items at 30-50% off, quite delighted they still had new pieces in my size. If you wait till it's 70%, usually it's the last piece or worse, only L/XL sizes. Felt really fulfilled after that, it's like an epiphany knowing how certain women feel, after buying an item they so desire... and at a good price too! Been seeing some good buys around recently. Apart from this purchase, last week I also got 2 new dresses - one more casual and one for work...As well as a red striped blouse with flowy sleeves which I'd probably sell/throw after the stripe season is over. It's dirt cheap anyways, and the material is nice, almost cotton lycra-ish. Now I'm quite a fan of the brand which I bought. Something like gg5 cutting and pricing, but less common. So far I only saw 2 shops -one near The Office which sells a range of shoes too. I think it might be a spinoff brand of gg5 or ness as their colors and buttons covered in cloth look similar. It's more mature and less knitwear compared to ness anyways. Cool, I like... am anticipating next week where I'd shop at the places I'd be travelling to. At this rate, I think I need more wardrobe space. Seldom buy clothes too.

==

Should I feel flattered or bothered by the fact that I realised... Sometimes, we do not like everyone in the world. Right. Generally, I like everyone - or rather, am 'neutral' to those that I see around and are mutual acquaintances. But some guys are quite off-putting, in a certain sense. I never realised why I do not really like these 2 particular persons, until I thought about it... and it suddenly dawned on me.

Mr X is someone that happens to be in my wider posse - meaning we do have mutual groups that meet together for dinner. I like his friends very much and so talking to them, don't really bother about him, though most say he is kind of good looking. Was out celebrating a birthday when he kept on going on and on about himself, how he was heavily involved in this and that event, and how tiring it was, how much brain power was needed, and gave a sort of contented, but disappointed verbal account of his life... He also badmouthed one of his members, who, coincidentally happened to be my ex-member. I guess it was this that led me to think deeper, otherwise I wouldn't have concerned myself with his issues. I really felt his character was shady then. Being a leader, yet complaining about his tasks...in a way that just draws the attention to himself, like he is doing a lot... spending a lot of time...man! I think I am more tired but I don't complain about it. Mr X basically dominated the whole conversation, not giving any thought to those who might want to talk about more cheerful things...like birthdays. Also it's mean to keep on talking about subjects others might not be interested in, and making the whole group listen to you, and then later wondering what the dinner was about? For Mr X to rant...? Sucks.

Also, I think its unwise to talk about your members impending relationship and being overly concerned, by the way, all of the group know the member, but I think it's outrightly embarassing to say about such... honestly, Mr X's whining is unsuitable for his bearing and age. I was half glad to leave the birthday early (a handsome friend wanted to 'comfort' me), even though I really liked the company of the others.

Mr Y is someone who 'tries to be funny' - tries too hard to be funny, this kind of person; and likes to show off his knowledge in front of others, so that some gullible ones will think that he is very clever. But those really clever ones do not have to talk so much. Somehow I was trying to be neutral to him, but I no longer can... I noticed him one day, ogling me - one part of my body (not the boobs la.) I was quite disgusted. I really tried to keep a distance away from him as I was scared if he tried to 'accidentally' bump into me or keep throwing glances...at that part. More disgustingly still, he is attached, although not for a long time. Even if I tell the poor gf, what is the point? I'm also not going to get myself in this mess... Well, I told a guy friend who was also present. I shall just keep my distance from this horrid fellow. I usually don't notice this kind of thing - am quite insensitive, but I guess every woman who reads it can understand how I feel... somehow, you just know it when someone is ogling you, and if the person is someone you don't like, you will have a very yucky feeling. I caught him ogling twice that day, once when I was...adjusting the...attire that covered it... another time when I was sitting down. So disgusted! I can barely think what sort of nasty imagination is going on in his mind. I think the nickname Jeann gave him is quite apt.

I don't think that all guys are like that... I'm sure there are some girls who might be worse, but frankly nowadays I only mix around with guy friends and my female members. I've lost trust in women, knowing their nature. Especially those who claims to be your friends and then in front of you, pretend to be nice. But schemingly or not, badmouth you. Either they earn too little or they are too fat to like me. Eh? Somehow guys are not like this, you can understand... ...

So just observe the people around you... Some fascinate me. Others, their behaviour is so disgusting that maybe only a mother can love them... sad creatures.