Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Photos - Ting's shop


Some 'overdue' photos.

Yeah this is me... pretending to be boss' wife... lao ban niang as they call it. With the very retro condensed milk tin used for storing coins... so retro that I've never seen it being used before, perhaps wayyy before my time.








A few days before Christmas'06 (2006 seems to be such a long time ago already), Chess and I made a trip to Ting's shop. Haven't gone there in a while! Well, Chess met his old acquaintance from China... and had a lengthy conversation about wildlife...










Meanwhile the man without a license was awfully scared of the stationary white vespa... Heh. I told him to pose like a model and this is what I get.



I love those retro cups made of tinted brown glass with flower motifs on them...and the various knickknacks used to make up this wall/sink. Spot the tingkats and the beautiful designs...


We also found a collectible of our church - would you believe it? It's a ceramic coinbank of Trinity Christian Centre, Adam Road. Quite ancient, they still use the old logo of a white dove on a blue square background. Ting says if he finds another he will give it to me. I hope, with coins in it...




With Ting, don't know why we are so happy over earning only $10 that day!
Haha!