Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Just in our nature

Care and connect.

It's fun to be a part of someone else's love story.

Knarf, Grant and I had a meaningful conversation during lunch hour today. You would think we talk about work - noooo, not during lunch. Was analysing different people's behaviours' and how they would react to different 'temptations'. Well, Grant asked if there was a young girl (not me) 'throwing' herself (just an analogy) at a MAN, do you think the MAN would resist... ...? Being men, they said it's hard to, actually. And I agree. Why no MAN throw himself at me? I'd probably be disgusted! Haha! But aye, this sheds light into certain procedures I've observed, especially between the status quo of our close knit family circle. Been close to a couple of guys, but I think I'm still quite guarded, the effects of my previous soured relationship and trauma, and relief at its imminent end-ed. It's nice when people like Muffin takes the initiative to open up and connect to me, giggle giggle. I guess I miss having that. Also Huntley spends so much time with me, it almost moves me to tears (no, not really)... Being guarded for your heart's sake is one thing, but being too guarded so that you lose the chance for a deep meaningful relationship is just not worth it. Of course, luckily for me, I seldom fall in love that easily. Then again...

And when you connect too much with just one person, it's easy to fall in love.

Maybe that begs the question with why you choose to connect with the person in the first place. Or was it just a divine appointment? I'm a believer of miracles, according to my spiritual gifting profile. That's why maybe I'm so blessed with beautiful people around me. I love the friends I made this year, friends I would have never gotten a chance to know better and deeper if I was in a relationship. And that is one of the reasons too, why I enjoy being single (though I enjoy being attached as well.)

Also, I don't believe that we chose to connect with the person... I mean, it's more of like a natural...synergy, chemistry, where both of you like to argue with each other =P or crap with each other, or tease each other or compliment each other. Sometimes we just cannot explain why we are close with one person and not another. Putting discrimination aside, I guess one of the reasons why I can connect with Muffin and Huntley (currently!) is that I find myself in them. We are starting to imitate each other's persona in a frightfully accurate manner. Or get so funky in the office that it seems time is not a determinant in the depth of knowing someone else.

They remind me of a part of myself that perhaps I've lost along the way, or a part of myself that I've not yet found. They inspire me to be bolder, a better leader, a better person. To be more kind hearted, and nicer to others. How you behave is how you react to the way you are being treated/perceived, that is true. And for them, I also believe that our relationship will help us in life, on the path to success. Despite how busy we get, I hope I'd always have time, for them. And vice versa.

My dear future partner, I pray that you will be healthy, strong and bright. Live your life a full, fulfiling and meaningful one. Don't live it for me, live it for yourself and God. I hope you love God more than me. And love me, more than life itself. I want to see the world together with you, walk on endless beaches, see sunrises and sunsets and snow and mountains and eat endless amounts of ice cream and desserts. And hug all night long. I want to love you in the way my hand will fit yours, in a world where money does not determine our happiness, where nature is close by...with animals, with fresh air and happy people.