Sunday, November 11, 2007

Top travel!!!

I know, I am a travel-to-many-places kinda person. I don't like to go in groups though. Prefer a twosome or solo.

I've always thought about the places I want to go, and so, I present my top #8 (Wanted 10 but can only think of 8, lah) places in the world I'd like to go very very much before I die. And the things I wanna see there...

In random order:

1. Paris, France. To take a photo of the Eiffel Tower.
Zero was surprised when during a phone conversation, I guessed his IDEAL honeymoon destination RIGHT, spot on, the first guess.

Well, guess mine? Heh heh. Though, I must say, isn't it strange that we have the same taste? Maybe we'll see each other there one day, no? 'Cuz I'm sure not going there together with him... *puke*

Anyway this is a typical place that most people want to go to (on their honeymoon)
But for me, I'd rather go to a simple nearby place and have sex on the beach all night long (What, this is not a rated "PG" blog ya) and then on the 1st year anniversary, go to a further place, preferably whilst snowing... ... See Future Husband, I plan le~ Oh! And we can try nice french food like escargots and foie gras and... caviar! You know, some people just don't like those high-class food... but I like ALL! I am meant to be high class man. (Oh, sorry, I think caviar from Russia...)



2. Honshu, Tokyo, Japan. To climb Mount Fuji.
I studied art and one of my favorite pieces of work was the landscape prints by Hokusai and Hiroshige, Japan's leading artists in the Edo period if I'm not wrong. Really inspired by their bold usage of ... ya, very boring already right.

I want to climb Mount Fuji if physically possible. And see the view from the top.



3. Kanchanaburi, Thailand-Myanmmar border. To cross the River Kwai.

The Death Railway and bridge plays a monumental part in Asia's history as many people died building it... blah blah. I just want to cross the bridge la!

Will plan to go there, hopefully next year. Thinking of a solo trip up the jungle and etc of Thailand's northern provinces. It will give me great pleasure to sing... "I've crossed the River Kwai..."



4. Jukkasjarvi, Lappland, Sweden. To stay in the Ice Hotel

The ice hotel near the village of Jukkasjärvi, Kiruna, Sweden was the world's first ice hotel. Since its creation, the hotel has been featured in many television travel programmes, magazines, and newspapers. The entire hotel is made completely out of ice blocks taken from the Torne River - even the glasses in the bar are made of ice. The hotel has more than 80 rooms and suites, a bar, reception area and church. It charges around 1,400 Swedish Krona (approx. 196 US dollars) per person/room/night in the winter. The hotel only exists between December and April. In its latest incarnation it will probably be over 5000 square metres (53,700 square feet) in size. Each room is unique and the architecture of the hotel is changed each year, as it is rebuilt from scratch. - Wikipedia

Aye, if I save up I think I can afford one night, no?
This is the Ice Hotel featured on one of James Bond's films and I always thought it was cool to stay in a place made entirely out of ice though it might be better to have a partner around to warm up those icy nights eh? heh heh. Hamsup.



5. Kalmar, Sweden. To go into Kalmar Castle.

Actually any castle will do, just thought that this photo is so breathtaking. I think there are more than 100 castles in Sweden, according to Wikipedia's list, so I must visit a few when in Sweden.

Also to go Sweden for the Northern Lights - aurora borealis. I think I will die happy seeing them.



6. Penang, Malaysia. To eat Penang Laksa

Ya, definitely wanting to go Penang soon. Don't look down on our neighbor ok, they have places that remind me of the charm Singapore used to have, so I want to try all the authentic food like Penang Laksa, Chao guo Tiao, Carrot cake, kopi, teh tarik and see what's the difference. I have a discerning palate so I must try and come back and tell you guys whether same, anot. I love Malaysia too much for the average Singaporean. Keep going there...




7. Vanuatu. To...suntan...Port Vila

A pacific island near New Caledonia (next destination) and I've heard of a boutique hotel there. Very interesting place. unlike New Caledonia (Uses franc as its owned by France) ...and I heard many rich Singaporeans (like me, whahaa) eh, open bank accounts there - de Royal Bank o Vanuatu as it's safe and also good for money laundering, oh yes, an open secret only the rich people will know, ya...

This place made popular by the television show "Survivor- Vanuatu" but I've wanted to go there long before that, oh yes, it's also the "Happiest place on the planet to live", I guess everyone is happy there, isn't that like paradise on earth? Must go and see, la. (Singapore is #131, what an unhappy bunch we are)http://www.happyplanetindex.org/listactual.htm

Most people are Christians although there are some tribal cults.
Oh, I met a guy who told me he came from Vanuatu and he looks like Superman, and he told me he works without his shirt on (at the boutique hotel I think his family owns the development) so when I am there, I will see if it's true... ...





8. Noumea, New Caledonia to learn French


I don't even know a place like New Caledonia exists until I met a guy - white, French-speaking who lived there and told me exciting and wonderful tales about his country - like those Gulliver Travels - children's book, that I must go see for myself. Fortunately he happens to be one of the 3 guides on the island...


New Caledonia[3] (French: Nouvelle-Calédonie; popular names: Kanaky, Le caillou), is a "sui generis collectivity" (in practice an overseas territory) of France, made up of a main island (Grande Terre), the Loyalty Islands, and several smaller islands. It is located in the region of Melanesia in the southwest Pacific. At about half the size of Taiwan, it has a land area of 18,575.5 square kilometres (7,172 sq mi). The population was 240,400 inhabitants as of January 2007 official estimates.[1] It has an Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of .nc. The capital and largest city of the territory is Nouméa. The currency is the CFP franc. -Wikipedia





I am going Bali!!! Soon, though I worry too much about the money. Sigh.
I also want to revisit Australia. I remember one of the islands off Melb, can see penguins.
King Penguins on Macquarie Island, Aust.

So, any sponsors?
I also want to revisit Hong Kong. There's an unexplainable magic about that place.






And what are the places in the world you wanna go to?