Thursday, January 10, 2008

friends.

Trying to stay positive...

Sometimes I meet really discouraging people. Which gets me down a little.
I don't take what they say personally but am saddened at the way they think people are against them, and because of their fears, take it out on others, or say things in an insinuating way. Oh well. I guess these people in my life makes me cherish the ones that are positive and cheerful.

Learning more about different sorts of people also helps us to be successful in life because of our higher level of understanding, this prevents miscommunication.

For those discouraging people, I feel sad for them because they just blame others for their ineffectiveness and think they are right. And they think people are saying bad things about them because all the people around them are gossiping. (If we keep talking positively about guy A to girl B, is it considered gossiping as well?) But they are unaware that all these are caused precisely by their actions. I was 'blamed', in a way for 'negatively influencing' certain people in our community about the flaws of a certain leader. In the first place, if your leadership is plagued with such, past and present, then I think the problem lies with yourself. Somehow the corporate environment has less of such woes - primarily because people are more focused about more important things like making ends meet, than on self-glorification. And if the majority of people think in a certain way about you after they have worked with you, then I think that they are right in a sense. No matter how you try to rationalise your actions, they have already formed their opinion about you. Cruel but true. And I am not the one to propogate this emotion because I've always believed that people are generally good and want to help you, not out to get you.

I realised that only when I stepped down that I am so well-liked by people, and touched at their concern and support for me. Friendship is a gift, and being in the same community does not necessarily means that we are friends. I am starting to realise how important this is to me. Even though we do not have the luxury of time to meet up every week, we can still 'be there' for someone who needs us. Maybe the 'need' is because... we need them to be there for us, too.

Being wealthy is not just about having lots of positive cashflow, if you have lots of money but constantly sick, and no good relationships, are you considered wealthy? I think the love of others - and the knowledge of the love of others around you is what helps you survive, today. And the calibre of people you surround yourself with makes you a better person. (That's not why I surround myself with rich handsome guys....lol. joke.)

The world makes more sense when you begin to understand the people in it.
But to understand the people, we have to understand ourselves first, and the way our mind works, the kind of thoughts we think daily, etc...

If someone were to ask "To whom am I accountable to?" My answer would be #1: God... #2... myself! Isn't it so? Many things in life we do for the sake of someone else - if not, my boss will be angry at me... if not, my leaders will find fault with me, or my friends will be appalled. But I think you must understand yourself first, and it's an exciting journey.

Trying to be positive is not so hard once you focus on God not man.

Smile for me.