Wednesday, January 30, 2008

wednesday

Like chinchillas, spiritedly wants to climb onto a platform and snooze till it's suppertime.

I'm not really used to working hard for a full day for some time, so these few days have been trying for me. I am so sleepy now that I could hang on to anywhere and knock out, but I am trying to keep my eyes open, and my brains alert for a presentation later. Seem to be quite stressed or frustrated at work recently, I think it's because I know I am not experienced enough, and the lack of know-how in certain areas irks me. I'm wanting to make as least mistakes as possible, and proper handling of time is something I'm not very adept at, yet.

Mr Tall, my new colleague-friend, is someone I suddenly realise fills up the silence at work sometimes that is peppered now with meaningful conversations - at least, it is meaningful to me. He has this natural charm (why do all my guy friends have the natural charm???) and comes across as someone cheerful and helpful, good-natured and a bit crazy at times.

Mr Tall reminds me of some friends I care about... sort of like an amalgamation of Grasshopper but not so 'go-getting', it's what Grasshopper would be like if he did not own his own biz and went on a peaceful holiday - and also somehow like Travis, someone who smiles at me benevolently as though indulging a small child on one of her imaginative rants. I like the feeling of talking to Mr Tall!

I do read people well, and I'm glad that I've found a nice person at work to share some parts of my day with. It's strange how with some people, you want to know them better, because they seem fascinating to you... not just fascination alone, but it's the look in their eyes, a certain type of look that sort of 'cliques' with you and you know that before you even know them, you feel comfortable already. For me and clone, I had that fascination too.

It's fun living day by day and trying to make some peace and semblance out of the daily chaos we call worklife. For today, and everyday, though tired, sleepy and frustrated, I try to find something nice in a day.