Monday, January 28, 2008

thoughtful people

Made a new friend today. =)
Showed someone relentless belief today. =)
Wrote CNY cards to clients... ...

God is so good to me, I think He knows that I need a friend everywhere I go. I used to have a nice colleague who was nice to me like a big bro, driving me to places, talking about life experiences and using my golf clubs... but he has changed jobs and is now at this bank, so I do miss the long kopi breaks chatting relaxedly about life. Today I made a friend at The Office. He reminds me of someone I love very much, and is a well-brought up kind of person, the angmoh but innocent type, very much like me. Anyways, we couldn't stop talking during the morning boring meeting, and after, during lunch too. Seems like I've found a chattering buddy of sorts. =) yay! It's nice to have good company, and today he poked fun at me by standing in my way intentionally, so sooner or later I'm going to have to make violent bodily threats... lol. In the midst of all that is happening, I'm glad I made a new friend today.

A 'ghost from the past' called me yesterday. We had a fling of sorts - I say fling because I'm not proud of it and at least on my side, we weren't serious. But I've long ago forgotten about it -or rather, remembering it does not cause me any distress save the embarassment that I once wrote rather silly, girlish things about our infatuation.

The 'ghost from the past' called me and apologized for his misdeeds, or for the promises he failed to fulfil to me. I was upset - although I remembered him and the way it was in a bad light, the thing that upset me most was that the past - the past with me in it somehow affecting his being, was something he could not walk out of. Maybe it's easier for me to walk away and forget, I do not know. But I was affected that somehow, I still had the 'power' to affect his present. The episode happened almost 3 years ago, and honestly, I didn't care about him that much, not at all.

I have some friends whom I've loved deeply, but they always appear sad. Maybe it's something that happened years ago that they can't get over.

For 'the ghost', I told him 'no worries' and that I don't blame him or anyone for anything that happened then. We were all young, and wild... ... =P not so wild, la...

I wanted him to be happy too, the way I was. I've tried hard never to let myself be bothered by all the things that had happened, I try my best to remain cheerful inspite of the things that happened. I still have eyes to see the beauty of God's creation, of the snow in Japan, I feel that I am in such a privileged position.

As all churches in sg are saying, new year, new beginnings. I really feel that this is a year of new beginnings for me; and it's never too late to begin.