Sunday, February 03, 2008

things to be happy for

anti-'caught up in the daily grind'.

I've been plagued by headaches for two weeks now, small ones that just cause your head to ache. Maybe I'm thinking too much or using my brain for once. But it does get me down. Been looking for things that I can find daily to be happy about, because sometimes it does seem that the pressures of life can cause me to be easily despondent. Lack of finances, time and energy/health are the main concerns on my mind right now. I really want to make it a year of new beginnings.

So yesterday -while waiting for the train at AMK station, to a shopping jaunt with Zero - I saw something that delighted my heart. Two squirrels! Being a nature and animal lover, was thrilled to see them. At first just spotted one squirrel, squirreling its way around a small tree in the park facing the train station, and later joined by another, happily jumping in and out of clumps of leaves. I'm glad that I could find joy in such a simple sight. Was looking forward all week to yesterday, as we had a nice plan for the day. Shopping and church, two things I enjoy... =) I had fun selecting Zero's CNY clothes too. I hope that next time my husband will let me do that for me.

I'm glad that Zero got to meet and hang out with my church friends. I realised yesterday midway during the service how much I valued the friendship. I really look forward to his random calls, short ones, for neither of us can talk for very long at work, but it really helps me in my work/life tag team to be more focused and have the strength of heart, knowing that someone is rooting for you, and I have the relentless belief in him too, knowing that God is speaking to his heart and making it a wonderful new year for him.

Having interacted with some people, I find it disheartening that their whole lives seem to be always having the same problems, same issues... When it's so simple, just a firm belief in God's will and ways, and the right attitude will change everything. While I believe I will never be like that one day, I wonder if talking to them helps at all.

I feel much better stepping down and being able to not worry about other people. Can breathe easier, and be more concerned about the issues I face.
I'm glad for the different people who have come to me and cheered my heart.