Tuesday, February 19, 2008

hi,bye


Beijing's T3 opened in February. T3 is reported as the largest and most advanced airport terminal in China and will have an initial capacity of 35 million annual passengers.

Had a meaningful conversation last night at the park and it occurred to me and my chat buddy that many people are just 'trying to be nice', but, perhaps because of trying too hard, the level of friendship that we have been on just never gets past THAT level.

Or maybe, all of us choose who we want to be nice to, and who we want to be friends with. I'm disgusted with the way sg society operates on in almost every level, that people who speak their own mind and actually have opinions and good ideas are often not as well-favored by those who seem to be 'mr friendly' and don't stir the water's edge. It's okay if you are naturally smiley and friendly like Kie, but for those who ain't, faking it is obviously hypocritical and I guess, tiring for the individual as well.

We were also wondering why some of the friendsips with some of the people whom we had known since the beginning of last year did not really take off - it remains status quo from the first hello. Perhaps like a union of souls, it takes two hands to clap. Maybe some people are not PROACTIVE in making lasting friendships. Perhaps they don't really care about us. We were thinking of the reasons why some friendships became close and some did not take off and this thought fascinated me. I do feel close to some in our group, despite not really associating or communicating with them on a daily basis. Others, I have had the chance to interact with more often, but never really felt a 'sense of belonging' with them.


So, I guess, I have no answer. Some friendships that I was hoping to be a good one for me never really materialised, others, appeared suddenly which was wonderful; people like Clone, Zero... I didn't TRY to hook up with them, really! Perhaps we share similar experiences or same outlook on life.

There's a part of us that connects to different ones in different ways.