Tuesday, February 12, 2008

love me

Thanks to the 17 people who smsed me, 3 who facebooked me, and 2 who called me to wish me a happy birthday today. I must say I am very touched.

Zero said (on the phone, at home), "I wanted to call and wish you happy birthday THE WHOLE DAY, but my phone was low batt." Awww. He's going through a course (work) the whole month so we are going to be 'apart' for awhile.

My Dad gave me 100 bucks and I'm undecided on where I should spend it. Maybe a small keepsake and then settle some bills and everyday stuff.

So today I took a day off, went suntanning at YCK. Think it was just the right amount of sun today, sunny yet cloudy. So I didn't have to worry too much about being burnt. The good thing about yck pool is that 90% of the suntanners are guys, so you feel special. Sort of alienated, but still special. The other thing is that 90% of the guys there like guys, so you don't get harrassed. A good thing, too.

Spent some time relaxing and re-reading a woman's book about waiting for Mr Right. I anticipate the day my Mr The Best One comes to realise that he has no (better) choice. It's quite fun waiting actually. Not that I've waited long, but I do enjoy my single-ness, the part of life where while waiting, we don't mope and pine, but find Jesus to make us complete, and then, a mate to complement. Too many people go through life wishing for the partner to complete them, but they and all of us should abandon ourselves to God first.

Clone told me in wonderment the other day, that apart from me, and Elisabeth Elliot, she never knew anyone who knew who their lifetime partner was for sure, before they got together and all that stuff. Well, sometimes I do doubt - not that I doubt he's The Best One for my life, I doubt that I would be together with him, that our life's destiny is entwined, that I won't do anything in the meantime to jeopardize it... ... I'm beginning to realise why God told me, the way he told Elisabeth (though I do pray hard my husband will live a long, long life...) because at this juncture, if I make wrong choices, it's going to mess my life up. And the wrong choices are easy to make. Toooo easy. I thank God for all the friends that are quietly - but obviously supporting me, it's hard not to crack up when they 'am chio' (suppressed sheepish smile) when the-intended-person is beside me, or when others try to ask me by a series of nods and eye-twitchings whether there's any progress. (God, blind him to such nonsense...) for the record, I don't feel that I like him, and I'm not going to make myself, or make him like me, or any of such silly things. I believe God will orchestrate something this year, and on my side, I'm preparing myself to recklessly abandon myself to His will. It's so easy to just not pursue an everlasting happiness and settle for something second-best, but the way God affirmed me (a prayer I made last year to confirm and re-confirm the best one IS the best one) "God does not want me to settle for second best. He is calling me to encounter Him so that He can define my life mission." Trinitarian Magazine, P Dominic's message - I wasn't there but through some miraculous work I was led to read this phrase, which freaked me out as I was praying specifically for a church pastor to speak to me firstly about 'the best one', secondly about my calling, and before dec 31st... Read this on 29th, randomly or led by the Spirit, whichever way you'd like to believe.

And not surprisingly, he has lots (too much) support. Everyone of my friends who meets him supports him/us, being 'together', 'together' being such a faint imagination and farfetched realisation on my side that I will start to have the suppressed laughter feel, too. But, yes, teamwork is VERY important to me, in this area too. If no one supported - I would have given up. But along every juncture there were kindred spirits to remind me about TBO. Grant, Kie, Zero, and other wellwishers in church, too many, who said "I support you two being together. Go for it. Tell him. I'm praying with you!" So ya, my 'relationship tag team', thanks for praying and speaking into my future, I'm much obliged. And excited for my/our future!

I'm not Elisabeth Elliot but I firmly believe that IF you wanna hear from God, you will hear from him.


Celebrate love.
Been thinking about this term recently, too. =)