Monday, March 24, 2008

i will now take your questions






Sidetrack: Learnt a new 'singlish' phrase - or maybe only GoodDaddy uses it.
Yesterday, after Church:
Me to GoodDaddy: Hey, what ya doin' later? Want to join us for Easter brunch?
GoodDaddy: May not be.
Me: MAY NOT BE? What kind of broken English is that?
GoodDaddy: May not be...joining you later.

Oh. I shall implement the usage of "MAY NOT BE."


Am a beta tester for this new cool search site, www.searchme.com ! Wish I'd thought of this idea myself. Now with all the apps designers, people who design facebook apps FOR FUN; it's going to change the face and feel of the web world. So with open arms I welcome a new player in the search engine market... How it works is simple, you just type in for eg, 'marcel wanders'...For the uninitiated, he's a European (Dutch if you wanna be anal) designer who does lamps, vases, chairs I think...etc. so the site will prompt you for categories, eg - architecture, interiors, historical events... just select the right one, webpages appears, and the screen shot allows you to see what's there, plus at the bottom there is a summary.

As I said, wish I had thought of this earlier. It's revolutionary. Really going to cut down on the time spent surfing and clicking the red 'x' button at the top of the browser.

==

Questions, questions.
As I (and some others around me, you know who you are) navigate down the turbulent path of friendships and relationships, dating, liking, etc, I guess we have many questions and 'decisions' to make. Some, seemingly unimportant can lead to a 'make or break it', depending on the timing and the person.

For instance, choosing the right person to tell your little secret of who you are liking right now.

Or choosing the right time to surprise her/him with the TRUTH.

Haha!

I've been doing some thinking lately and I realised; that like spirituality, each individual's approach to love and relationships is only different in a matter of degrees. For instance, I can be open to... say, going on a trip and sleeping in the same room with a guy friend. But I won't do the same with my boyfriend. And I won't co-habit with him. What's the difference? Well...

I know a girl that feels guilty if she stays out after midnight talking to a guy who is not her boyfriend. I wonder what's the difference between, 10pm, 11pm and, one hour later? I guess our principles, no matter how warped are just different in a matter of degrees. Of course, it's better to err on the side of caution, but it's also a miserable life if you can't tell anyone (anyone of your true friends) who you like or why you like him/her.

And when it comes to the situation and you don't have a clear mind or a clear understanding of your principles, then it could be risky to you. I've known of many girls who have unwittingly or wittingly sabotaged their friends by not being able to keep something that most would term as confidential. As a girl, I would rather like to hear that a guy likes me (And take it as a compliment, not avoid him like the plague) from the guy himself, not from his friends, or his girl friends... It's always girls who like to do this kind of 'sabotaging' act that is why, I steer clear from talking deeply with many girls with this nasty inclination to torture their friends. Some girls also like to spoil a healthy normal guy-girl relationship by throwing questions about their friendship... Goes along the line like "Not bad what, both of you are quite matching... never considered? Blah blah." I must admit that I am guilty of it too, but at least I have the discretion not to say it infront of the embarassed friends. This will only force one or the other of them to say something not-nice, like 'she's not my type', or 'he cannot make it', which in turn is destructive for such a friendship. Perhaps guy-girl friendships are not meant to be accepted by most after all, I read once a lengthy diatribe of how the way the social mirror functions do not accept the gender-blurring distinctions of a purely platonic friendship.

They are hard to come by, so all the more we should treasure them.

I've asked myself what are the qualities I look for in choosing a life-partner.

I am surprisingly very un-choosy about that!
I guess I utilise my feelings more than my high-expectations brain in this area of my life, which is on the contrary for all the other areas.

Well, I think everyone should take a closer look (internal, I don't mean outwardly) and think about the qualities we should have and our dear other halves should.

This is the area in my life which I pray about the most. To me it is important, now, that I've finally realised God's choice is the best choice. Honestly, if it was up to me, I wouldn't have chosen him - the best one. But looking back I think it makes sense. I just pray and claim God's will, haha! I cannot imagine if I don't know, and just go ahead in life, I'd never be satisfied with my own choices. I make lousy choices anyways!

One of the choices I would make is that he should complement me. I am quite aware of my weakness, my inability to speak chinese or to be patient, my flair for being perceptive and visionary but otherwise not able to execute it without ample encouragement, many others...

I think the choices that we make now is very important in shaping our future. Through ours and others' experiences in this area we learn to be a better man and woman, and stay secure. One wrong question or wrong decision and we all fall apart.

So stay close to God, it will be amazing how His plan turns up.
=)