Tuesday, April 01, 2008

overzealous



Things said at my Office everyday could be turned into a script for some sitcom...

Overheard, at MY Office:

Yesterday:
Lady colleague: Boss, are you free?
Boss: No, I'm $50 per hour.
...

Last week:
Same lady colleague(talking to guy intern while turning up the aircon): Hey, are you hot?
Me (sarcastic):No, he's not!

*Hoots*

Boss(while talking about the space in the office): I'd just let them (new interns) have my table then I can go sit...
Me: You can have the space under my table! (I use it to store all my barang)
Boss: Yeah! Then you can kick me while you're working.
Me: ...

Me(trying to slot in a meeting): When is a good time to have a meeting, Boss?
Boss: Next time we will launch an application where we can see each other's schedule and then we can just key in the meetings.
Me:...Eh, you didn't answer my question!

*Hoots*

It's actually really funny when this happens to you in real life.

==

I've got lots of things to write about actually as things have been happening and happening and I feel so - out of touch, out of place. I've been having cluster headaches almost everyday for two weeks now, and I just have this perpetually dreamy feeling throughout the days I am plagued by it. Don't really like to dwell on the bad stuff, but sometimes it's just a sad process of growing up when the responses from people you thought might care just makes you feel worse. I've been guilty of it too, when Captain Zero catches me on a bad day I just bite his head off, only to feel that later on, 'I shouldn't have.' The sadder part is, most people fail to realize that about themselves, perhaps only much later when it is too late for redemption.

And then you realize that... the people that really care are really few.

Anyways! Things are looking up. No more headaches, really happy at work and play.

I mentioned to a friend that,

'Sometimes you know in your heart what you need to do but you... don't do.
Or the things you know you have to work out... but neglect to do it till something happens.'
I just said it without thinking much about it and then later on realised that that contained deep nuggets of thoughts. Been highly encouraged by many well meaning friends, mostly older than me, to 'confess' to TBO. Or rather, 'hint' to him. Hehe. I will, soon. I mean, I'm just enjoying the sweet moments that we share and don't want to ask for anything more right now.

I also like the way how some friendships turned out. Me, Captain and PS Chua was just lounging about the other day at the park near my place. Some parks are creepy, you just don't want to hang around for too long, or just too isolated. For my place, there are old people walking their dogs, teenagers, decent people who are just exercising and sitting down and chatting that makes it a very positive ambience. On weekends you can sit down and read a book sitting on the bench in the shade, while hunks and marrieds play soccer in the background. It's too positive at times though, sometimes we hang there and talk and talk until the wee hours. Which is what we did!

I was kind of saddened by the way I was linked to Captain and described as 'someone who once had feelings for him' - more scandalously - 'while he was STILL attached!' Sigh. I guess there are some people in church who will not stop at anything to get what they want. Don't they realise that they should choose to believe in something more positive, and also, verify the facts. I am rational that way - if someone told me something like this about a person I hardly knew, I would want hard facts, like maybe a steamy letter of confession? That should do the trick. But herein lies the most interesting, and logical (to me) conclusion: that that someone is not targeting me, but, rather, Captain Zero. In a way, it's also quite stupid. Because I would do something more positive. Like befriend me, add me to facebook and then slowly, get on our good books. I can't imagine why people would want to antagonize me, his best friend. So he has to make a hard decision? And guess what, if he chooses to forsake me, it tells about the depth(shallowness) of his character (and that our friendship is not worth anything anyways.) So I don't think Captain will forsake me (as he promised me not to but I am a skeptic at heart)... but this situation can be avoided easily, it's just that some people prefer to do things in this stupid way, for their whole lives. I can easily see why people fall into this trap. But I'd rather not. Sometimes things can get political especially when people know that I have a certain level of influence within certain circles. But honestly, I only instigate people to do positive things within reason. And I would never ask my friends to forsake another, nor force them to be unable to attend cell, or to be put in a position which they will be forced to do something they don't want to do.

It's just not right.