Tuesday, May 20, 2008

mister best friend



At home today, sickly. Must be the worst ever killer flu I've had. I seem to go around infecting other people too. Probably infected hundreds of unsuspecting people at Vivocity yesterday. The good thing is that I have absolutely no appetite at all - and the coughing has made my stomach firm so I will look good at the beach in thailand two weeks later... Still, hate being sick. I've been sick almost every couple of weeks with some ailment or the other. My immune system is compromised.

Finally caught 'Made of Honor' - I've been wanting to watch it since I saw the preview a few months back. Watched it with Jelly. It's hilarious! I liked the show very much, especially when some parts mirror my life. I guess it's every girl's secret wish to have a nice, handsome best friend who is with you through every step of the way, and I'm more than blessed to have that.

ShaoHong, my MrBestFriend, I have been chattering to him since I was 14, and he, 15. And he's stayed with me throughout till I was about 22 - he's also my motivation for praying about The Best One. We've been through lots of stuff. Watched him grow up. From a skinny chap to one hunk (still abit thin) now. He's always been so cool and handsome and wise and crappy. I've always been so glad that we lived near each other, taking long walks from my place to his and his to mine... having all my boyfriends jealous of our closeness and the subsequent fights. I've never told him all these. I actually treasure this friendship more than the transient boyfriends, so if they were upset, it was only a matter of time before it ended. I hope The Best One will take kindly to my best friend... if not... heh.

For a long time I thought no one could ever replace his place in my heart... until...

Handsome and neurotic!

Captain Zero came flying back into my life again after a pause of 3 years, and insisted he was my best friend. At first, I was slightly amused, but as time goes on, found it to be true. I was hesitant to let anyone come in again, I thought I didn't really need him...

The bad things that both of us have gone through last year only serves to reinforce the strength of our ties, and I'm honestly grateful that he is there for me, and will be, hopefully, for a long time. I'm always guarded about letting people come into my life, especially after all that has happened, so I'm glad I can trust Zero and whine to him when I am sick. (He said.)

Handsome and romantic! Haha... At Vivocity also.

It's quite worthwhile to have a best friend in your life, someone who is there for you, every step of the way, and will support you even if you fall in love with the wrong guy...