Sunday, July 27, 2008

keyed - a tribute

Have decided to post up a dear friend's photos here. He is very much alive and kicking by the way!

(This was during the time I was trigger happy and my Lumix was still working fine.)

Mostly not seen by anyone except me before, whoo hoo, here is Kie like you have never seen him before!!

Kie, a kindly friend who is single but has high expectations, like all my other single and approaching 30-male counterparts... (I also have high expectations. 'High'... geddit? Lol.)


Kie, 25y. The church camp. First time ever they held it in Thailand we were all raring to go! I remember the group of young adults at that time wanted to jetski, so me and Kie went to 'rackey' the price... Kie looked like Thai so they told him a low price but when they saw the big group of Singaporeans they upped it immediately. Haha. Was quite touched when he offered to go together with me on the jetski - I can't swim - but I decided to bravely face the waters myself! And...I can say that I've canoed (without a life jacket) in Malaysian open seas when I was 12 (and I can't swim!) and I've jetskied on my own, hooray!!!


Later in the same year, AHM. I went to a few runs that year to support all my friends and also to train myself should I have a husband who runs (That year I believed I would) - have to wake like 5 am on a beautiful sunday?!!...Well, this is taken after the race. Kie did not really train and was slightly sick so we were worried that he would pass out but he managed to complete it!


Kie when he was 26...woo. Church event - sports day thingy. It was the era of him always wearing soccer jerseys and bermudas plus the loveable 'no-need-gel' floppy hair which attributes to his droolsome factor!


We were in a committee meeting, this is at the now obsolete Carepoint - a branch of our church. Me and Kie used to partner quite frequently in church events - nice to work with such an easy going guy.


End of the year we had a cell christmas party which was a whooping success, about 40 people in total turned up and quite a few stayed on till this day, I had this idea of using a 'christmas round the world theme' - and had my friend's lovely Balmoral condo. We also had a fancy dress 'hat' theme - explains my witch hat and his pirate hat. (Kie has this photo in his wallet... hee)


Back in those days when I am soooo creative... here's a spoof on the very popular ipod theme when it first came out. I used Kie's very distinguishable 'silhouette' and some of the other Church people whom this campaign was targeted at. If you ask me how I did it... I think I had lots of time then, because each rendering took at least an hour, plus the photo taking. Was quite difficult to get the silhouettes looking right, a different angle and the person would look warped. But I like the challenge and I was glad the poster wowed everyone. If I had time I would do more stuff like this.


The final poster. I loved it. Spot me? About the design, I usually design stuff with very grayish and neutral undertones, prefer to use brights as highlights rather than main colors; but this was the first time I experimented with such bright hues - note the title...Yet, I think it didn't come across as childish -or a kids' event, which I was afraid of it turning out that way. Really happy with the outcome. It had a fresh appeal at that point of time with the ipod mania 2 years ago.