Wednesday, July 09, 2008

KL photos


The highway up to Tuas from somewhere in KL. I was sitting in front of my double decker coach. Aeroline's good. Think it is my preferred way to go UP to KL now...


Went up to KL for the last weekend to film an event.
I really enjoyed myself despite the short time...walked a lot. Walked everywhere, I think I know the Bukit Bintang area like the back of my hand now.
Some photos.


At Shah Alam stadium, was filming this muay thai event where they choose the Malaysian rep for The Contender 2. It's my first time watching a muay thai live! And it's pretty cool! I did like it. Stylised version of boxing popular in Thailand.


Can't see clearly from the photo but this is the infamous KL jam... at 2am!!!
When we finished our supper at 3 am the roads were still packed. I was standing at this intersection for about 15 mins waiting for my lost Boss... and the cars did not move so I suggest walking around at night at the Bukit Bintang area on weekends, would be much faster...


Now see the jam 'behind' from where I was standing. In the far skyline is the Menara Tower - once the tallest vantage point in KL. Scary jam...when we arrived at noon on Friday there was already a jam! I think it's worse than the one in Bangkok!


The Pavillion. Bigger and better. What's with huge shopping centres these days. It has lots of flagship stores like Coach, Mango, Gap, Tangs, Parkson, even La Senza, Roxy, Paul Frank, Pull and Bear, Juicy Couture, my fave shoe shop 'nose'... ummm... one whole day also cannot finish walking. But but but. I still like the crowded, messy type of shopping at Sungei Wang. I like both... I like shopping when I'm overseas...


One of the cool shops at The Pavillion!


Somehow, I find this menu quite funny... It's a sports bar at The Pavillion And I think 'crispy soft shell crab' is an oxymoron... food for thought?


I always suffer on the first night overseas, because I can't sleep on strange beds. My hotel room...Coronade hotel. Kinda oldish and creepy if you have a room to yourself which I did. But the location's fantastic it's just next to Lot 10 so from there you can walk anywhere to Bukit Bintang.


I made my boss do this, Lol! He's almost as tall as the towers...


Someone's hairy arms...It's like moss if you brush against it. You can see the 'overgrowth', this is coming from a guy who has '6 o'clock shadow' at 3 o'clock. Shaving is a must to do everyday. I wonder what creepy little creatures are lurking inside?


Hahaha. Fascinatingly gross. I haven't got a chance to see the 'two monkeys in a hammock' legs.


Me... at Petaling St, Chinatown. There is a cute tradition there where they cannot turn away the first customer of the day or else they would have 'bad luck' for the rest of the day and no good sales! So be sure to appear there around 1130am when the shops are opening. And be sure to haggle if there's something you really want to buy. I think you can slash the price by half...Mostly fake goods though.


Filming. Notice the passersby with same stance, think they are relatives?


Satay! You can't get stuff like these here. The satay at Jalan Alor is really sweet, succulent, tender... I think 10 sticks is not enough for me and The Boss.


The Boss. We are having supper at the roadside stalls selling authentic KL roadside food like char kway teow, ikan bakar, bbq squid, tom yam soup. I love this place - It reminds me of the time I spent backpacking here ages ago.


My favorite drink. At my favorite Roti Canai shop which is near Jalan Alor. The place been around for ages... there's nothing like a juicy banana prata (die die must try) for a morning wake me up...

Wanna go Australia next.