Monday, November 10, 2008

questioned


I built some small sandcastle...

When I wrote your name on the sand.

Quite like most young lovers were wont to do - I wrote your name in the sand.

Pantai Lanjut, the beach where I had spent most of my childhood memories, one of the most unspoilt shores on the east coast of the Peninsula I was familar with; where all the 'restorans' in the nearby towns of Kuala Rompin and Mersing offered decent, unbelievably tasty food at unbelievably low prices. That beach was the place I spent the better part of my weeknd, missing you - not wanting to admit that I was, missing you.

At first, I wrote your name, z--- in font size 300, in caps - Your name looks better in caps. And then I added a 'heart' in front.
Followed by 'i'.

I HEART Z---.

But, I was never one to say; or do, (or write) something I did not feel wholeheartedly - the unspoken curse of a thinker woman, I added additional words.

Perhaps, the feeling of love, trust and respect I knew I already had just did not translate to a proclaimation of an 'I LOVE YOU' on the beach of my sweet memories; despite the fact that there weren't anyone around to witness it - I was the only one around for miles, save the little sand crabs and a much bigger one I saw everyday chasing the waves that lapped on the shore. It reminded me of Mr Krabs, somehow - I couldn't help saying to him 'Hi Mr Krabs!' in my best impersonation of Spongebob.

So it was written on the sand,
'DO I HEART Z---?'

The addition of 'Do', and '?' seemed so...looming, especially the '?', it seemed to be mocking the inner sanctums of my soul.

I stared at what I had written for a long time, hoping that somehow a powerful wave would wipe it away, along with my troublesome thoughts.

That question shall be left unanswered for now.
Some questions need no answers.

Maybe missing someone equals loving someone, or worrying too much about someone signifies that you care, more than you think, more than you know, more than you care to write about.


Endless stretch of sand and sky... and you're the only one on the beach


The relaxing path to the honeymooner suite... (I din stay there)


the path leads to this beautiful place...


view from garden of honeymooner suite!


honeymooner suite...immediately feel so romantic, having a house with such greenery...


Casaurinas - natural, not planted, line the sandy beach...


every angle is scenic - spot the tiny man and son - the only people i've spotted at the beach during my days there


more casaurina trees...


i just love the ocean spray...


Slow, lapping waves swishing...


Endless stretch of sand and sky... and you're the only one on the beach

Ok, back to reality.