Monday, December 29, 2008

it's just the way we're wired

Chester likes 'a christmas story' and was incredibly surprised I'd dedicated it to him. I'm glad he likes it... makes me happy inside.

He emailed me back from somewhere in between Dubai and Taiwan, saying-


I guess at the end of the day, we all want our happily ever after - it's just the way we're wired. I hope you get yours.


That's true isn't it. I've realized that me writing, talking and feeling about love related issues lately has made the people around me more attuned, more desirous to have that 'happily ever after' too. Even previously nonchalant Kie has been infected, as his christmas card to me would attest.

I've also realized that I don't know Zero as well as I'd previously thought. It sure is nice to have a best friend around whom with you can share and yabber on without feeling embarassed or at ill ease. But also, the bond seems to disintegrate when both parties are absent from each other. I feel as though I no longer have that valued, treasured connection with him, that a wall of silence separates us. Where art thou.

And I have so many questions that are yet, left unanswered.

And sooooo leetle time, my friend...

Today, at the Office...

The Boss: "Hey Rach, you and me will have to sit down about half an hour together each day to watch through our content."
Me: (nods)

Feeling touched? Don't be. Lately when The Boss says "you and me", it means me.
When The Boss says, I will do it, means Spiritedly will be the one doing it.

you + me = me
he = me
me = overworked and underpaid. They usually come in a pair...



Have you learned the lessons only of those who admired you, and were tender with you, and stood aside for you? Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you? -Walt Whitman