Thursday, January 29, 2009

posted

I don't want just a memory, give me forever... - Renee Olstead.


Dad in best 'Dato' shirt. And me in cheena CNY baju. At Sentosa.
(It was given by a Dato, not that he is one...)

We like to be flashy and bright, once a year.

Working in Chinatown, walking through the famous Pagoda Street, everyday, I see lots of such garb - satiny blouses and dresses with butterflies, peony, prints... Finally I couldn't resist and bought one! I just wonder when I am gonna wear it again.

I don't know why but I'm quite fussy about clothes although I have heard many people say, "Lucky you! You can wear just about anything." No la, I am too tall for local/HK brands so I can only wear Euro/American, which then again the length is alright, but sometimes too big at the sides... see, very difficult.

So I have deliberated for a long, long time about buying those cheena bajus. Although I didn't regret buying this one... and it wasn't expensive, but still... ... I don't think I'd wear it after CNY...Maybe I will give it to Mom if she can fit.

At least I didn't buy the Peranakan attire. I had the argument "buy it!", "no, don't buy it" in my mind for a few days, each day passing by the lovely embroidered bajus. I like these kind of stuff. And can wear to weddings too, although I'm not Peranakan, and I'm not a big fan of attending weddings, either. Oh well...

I've a new member in my TAG team... *elated!
He's a nice guy. Through this horrendous period I share to him online, well, on alternate days. I've never communicated like that on online platforms before, so this is kind of new for me. And I find it rather enjoyable. Somehow, being online, I can share more easily, more freely, without putting too much thought into what you want to say, just say it...besides I write so much more better than talking. I wonder what will happen when we meet and then I just stare at him, or into my coffee... I'm always glad when I meet people like this, because it reminds me of how nice life can be when you have someone to share to.

Although I am quite open, I don't really like to bother others with my problems and emotions, that's why I keep to a select few. However, in the past weeks I realize that God has answered my small prayer, hee hee, I just hope this lasts. When I make friends, I expect it to last for a long, long time. So, of course, after the last fiasco with Zero, and the silence from TBO, I hope this one will... go the distance. Are you like me, too? Making friends for years, or is it just a passing thing for you? I'm so happy he wants to join my TAG team, but with it also comes some small apprehensions because after all, we are just online chat buddies, right?

Or wrong?

=)