Sunday, January 04, 2009

Sleepless

After pulling an all-nighter during NYE, my body clock's all shook up. Can only sleep around 2-3 am... But anyways I saw a nice sunrise, got some really therapeutic shopping done - you can't believe I don't enjoy shopping... I don't, because I have incredibly high standards when it comes to retail products. My clothes need to have nice details like graphic prints, interesting buttons or washes and I only buy when they are on SALE.

Still, I do manage to find nice clothes because I often meet my friends at shopping centres...

So imagine how difficult it is for me to buy Kie a nice wallet for the chap's birthday when it needs to be - black, leather (should be?) and having a coin pouch and for me, a photo inserter... See, that's why I like shopping alone too. In 2 hours I can traipse many malls.

Plus now is a good time to buy stuff (I've never realized that) because all the major brands are in some conspiracy to have sales.

I realized many things too.
That brands like Coach, CK wallets, ALL don't have coin pouches. (The rich people don't carry coins?! Only cards? ) Seriously, those expensive (but on SALE!) wallets only have space for 8 cards and cash. I think it keeps with the sleek, expensive look?

Braun Buffel is a favorite with everyone.
Most of the nice collections are sold out. I suspect it's because of the 'bull' logo. I saw people from uncles to flippinos buying them out.
Unfortunately, the ones that met the requirement? Only left one piece.

Montblanc wallet starts at $500.
Wow...is the star logo that branded? Because Coach, CK, etc is about half or 3/4 that amount...

Armani Exchange's wallets are all sold out until 2 weeks later =(. Their guys' stuff are really nice.

Banana Republic claims to have no guys' wallets despite me and Jon seeing them before... a mystery.

Anyways I found the elusive wallet at my favorite place to shop in Orchard, Paragon. Paragon never disappoints, hahaha...

Had quite a nice day out, long time never been to Orchard. Analyzed all the baking stuff at the Isetan supermart too. I am thinking of what to bake this month. Brownies?

My 'twilight' books 2- 4 are SOLD OUT islandwide till next month. This is crazy.

Have bought and finished reading, Nicholas Sparks' "True Believer". Some of his books just makes me cry and remember some lost loves. Others, reminds me of people so much like he described that I just had to tell them to read that story. I shall read most of his books this year. This year is my year to fall in love, again, with life, and to cherish the people around me and show them kindness which I never thought I had, till now.