Sunday, March 01, 2009

at a baby show

We were taking the feeder bus 261 to somewhere in Ang Mo Kio to exhibit me at my first baby show... hee. Remember those buses with the red spongy seats and windows you had to pull to close or open... ...



The doctor had to inspect your health then...so much more stringent than the baby shows of today where you just have to be photogenic, I guess. This is a real doctor, man. Was mentioning this to Fishfarm Aunt and she said that there was an advantage if you are a chubby and healthy baby. Due to an impending filming with her I had asked her to take out her retro photos, too... hope she has some nice ones!
Yes! I won! There were 5 prizes and Mom said I won 4th. I was like, 'Huh, 4th only ar...' Then she said that there were hundreds of babies who took part and only 5 prizes. Okay. I feel quite proud. Although I never continued my winning streak...Blur already...Just look at the retro packaging of the Pampers! Somehow the older designs are so much nicer don't you think...


The sense of winning starts to sink in and I give the face of victory... LOL.
Actually, I look like a boy!
Sobs! And somehow my ears were sticking out when I was young...
I'm not really sentimental but I think i form a deep attachment to places I've lived in, known, and loved - perhaps being outside too much has created that kind of attachment. I wonder how my old place is like - despite it being only about 5 bus stops away from my current residence, I don't go back. I will, soon.
Places change so much, and too fast.